Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shad and Striper from shore
A quick update: I couldn't get the boat so I'm stuck to shore. On to the question.

I read/hear a lot of guys saying they net shad "in the back" of Las Vegas Bay.. Where exactly is "the back"? I've attached a map for easier conversational reference. Also, which location would be best for striper fishing tomorrow morning?
[signature]
Spot number one on your map is a pretty consistent shad netting spot. I see a lot of guys shore fishing over there (on the south side) when I'm netting, but I'm not too sure what the hike is like getting down there. You can net from shore there successfully.
[signature]
Like Whizzle said number 1 is the back of the wash. Most people that fish the shore in that area park at the hole 33 overlook and then hike down to the shore. Once you hike down head as far west as you can. There is a cove and there is a point on the west side of the that smallest cove. The shoreline west of that point is where I usually net shad when I fish from the shore. Just a tip, I would add extra length to your cast net so you can get farther out. The extra length can make the difference between netting shad and having to use anchovies.

Good luck out there. I might see you out there this weekend. I'll probably be fishing with my girls on Saturday.
[signature]