Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Been To The Gorge Lately?
I'm new to the forum and am excited to share some fishing adventures. Planning on hitting up Flaming Gorge next week in our boat and was just seeing if anyone has fished it lately! You can PM me or just reply. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Best of luck to y'all! [Smile]
[signature]
Welcome to the site BB24, sorry I can't help you with you Gorge question but there has been info posted recently. If you can't see what you are looking for on the first page go back a few pages, lots of info here. You can even check out our archives for the Gorge.
WH2
[signature]
Welcome to BFT! As WH2 suggested take a look at the history. Also there are an occasional report that has been popping up as of late too.
[signature]
Its cold. There's some skim ice out there. (1/2" at the pipeline today) Mack fishing is tough again because the fish are spread out big time. There was lots of pressure (May-like) when the weather was so warm a couple weeks back. Rainbow fishing was pretty good for a while, but haven't seen anyone doing it lately. It's either glass calm, or gale-force windy. Doesn't seem to be much in between.
[signature]
I fished the Gorge last week. Mon. caught a 20#-11oz. and a 9#-11oz Mack. Thurs. and Fri. 0!

Just a reminder:
1. You will need a Wyoming recipicol license(you need a Utah license also). $10.00, good until Dec. 31,2015.

2. You need to get a Wyoming invasive species sticker, $30.00. Good until Dec. 31,2015.

3. You will need to pay a daily use fee. $5.00, unless you have a Federal Senior pass.

4. You will need to get your boat inspected by a certified inspector, before you launch.

Good luck!
They patrol the Marina on a regular basis!
[signature]
Good reminders Jay. Thanks
[signature]
You only need the wyoming stamps and stickers if you go into wyoming. And you only need to have someone inspect your boat if you go into wyoming. In utah you can self certify. And if you plan to go up more than a couple times I would recomend buying a yearly anybody pass for $35.
[signature]
In addition, the stores don't open early or stay open late in Manila. I recommend getting the stickers at the Walmart in Evanston. We pulled in seven lake trout two weeks ago between 20 and 29 lbs. Hope you have good sonar. We were right on the bottom with white tubes.

Good luck.
[signature]
[quote Gorgefanatic]if you plan to go up more than a couple times I would recomend buying a yearly anybody pass for $35.[/quote]

What's the 35$ anyone pass?
[signature]
I have been up there twice in the last four weeks on our first trip pitching green gitizs in 20-25 ft. For rainbos was very productive that was on Friday. On sat. We trolled and it was much slower how ever we did manage to pick up 3 kokanee and several rainbos all the fish were between 10- 17 ft. On the second trip two weeks ago black marabou jigs were the hot set up .In the early morning fish were on the bottom so we fished 1/8 oz. a little later fish were suspended And we switched to 1/16 oz both colors in black. We had the barbs crimped down so lots of them came un buttoned and the color on them now is spectacular hope this helps . Art
[signature]
You don't have to be a senior
[signature]
Wyoming invasive species sticker, $30.00
buy here
[url "https://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/wgfd-1000377.aspx"]https://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/wgfd-1000377.aspx[/url]

I was at FG 3 weeks ago the weather was good and laker fishing was good on the wy side. we were trolling. the boats by us were jigging they all left I did not see them catch any thing.

but if the wind does not stop blowing you will not have much fun.
[signature]
I was talking about the lifetime Golden Age pass that seniors can get for a one -time fee of $10.00.
[signature]
Thank y'all so much for the warm welcome to the forum and some great advice and info! Hopefully the weather and the wind will cooperate and we will give it a shot! I'll report on how it goes!
[signature]