Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! Finding a river for beginners
So my birthday is coming up and my significant other asked what I wanted to do to celebrate, obviously I want to go fishing. She isnt terrible with a fly rod but gets frustrated easily. The thing is most places I can think of can think of are going to involve a lot of untangling/snagging. Haha I know this is a lot to ask but if anyone knows of a river that at the very least has ample room for a backcast in any given direction please let me know. I'd be willing to exchange info for your help if you feel that your spot is not somewhere you would readily share. Also any advice on taking a significant other fishing would be great. Thanks
Btw I live in salt lake! So somewhere in the range of 1-2 hours driving time would be good
[signature]
Fish the weber.mplenty of places for her to cast and if nothing more she will definitely catch white fish
[signature]
Weber is a good place. I like the area below Devils slide.
[signature]
ah yes thanks for the response. Always overlook the weber.
[signature]
Plus one for the Weeb. I had my soon to be brother in law with me on Friday on the Weber. He had never picked up a fly rod before and we were able to get him into some fish. We were fishing down from Taggart. Here is a link to an article that you might find helpful about taking your girl fishing.

http://montanaflygirl.com/2013/03/13/how...er-hooked/

LECH
[signature]
That's a great link Lech!
[signature]
I second that, good to know theres still hope haha. first article ive seen from that perspective.
[signature]
I third the weber on ease of fishing, plus you always have a chance to catch a monster brown!
[signature]
Glad I could share. I have been holding on to that one for when my wife decides that she is finally ready to hit the river with me. I almost hate to admit this but I found that article, and numerous others, on Pinterest. That is a wealth of information about fly patterns, techniques and just about anything else you can think of. My wife makes fun of me for spending more time on there than she does. Lots of stuff for wood working too Moogs.
[signature]