Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fresh bait
Hello

I am new to this forum stuff but I look forward to all the good info.

One real quick question:

Ok I have a huge question and need some serious experienced fishermens advice.

I am looking fo a fish finder sonar plotter down scan. I am stuck between lowrance 7 chirp and hummingbird 859c ds. I was at cabellas today looking at both and the down scan on the bird was way way better then the lowrance. I was shocked because the lowrance was the new chirp and the bird was not chirp.

This will be my first and prolly last finder I buy so I need serious feed back with which one to go with and why. Pleas tell me why go with one vs the other.
[signature]
Welcome to the site 14gills, I see you have already found the Utah board and I'm watching that fish finder thread myself with great interest. I too plan to invest in a new finder this year but to say it will be my last will likely not be the case because of the advances in electronics that are coming out later this year. I do like the Hummingbird better than the Lowrance units but I haven't made up my mind yet.
What kind of fish do you usually target the most?
WH2
[signature]
Welcome to BFT! I use himminbird 570 and 565. Yes I have both. One for my toon and one for the boat. These have dual cones. I am not familiar with the models you have mentioned. Try going to the companies websites and look at all the specs. Also check online for different reports on how these work.
[signature]