Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPilot and iPilot Link
Anyone out there using iPilot or iPilot Link on there boat? If you're using iPilot Link, how do you like it? Is it worth the extra money over the iPilot? I like the idea of being able to use Link to follow the contour lines on my LakeMaster map, but then again are the map contours that accurate.

I'm looking at upgrading from my Minn Kota 45# thrust Power Drive, to a Terrova 55#.

Thanks, Brian
[signature]
I have the iPilot on my power drive v2. I love it. I don't have the link though. The only lakes I've seen with the contour is Powell and a few others. I have a 17 foot Bayliner Trophy and the #55 is just a little underpowered for my boat. It can't really handle gusty winds too well.

I say go for it. The digital anchor is worth it.
[signature]
Thanks for the thumbs up FishSlayer.

The "Spot Lock" anchor feature is what started me thinking about get it.

FYI, the Humminbird LakeMaster card has 27 Utah lakes on it that have been mapped, showing contour lines.
[signature]
I miss my i-Pilot since buying my new-to-me boat. In order to make it work ideally on my new boat I need to shorten the shaft. It would be a pain to do that, but I will likely do it. What I miss the most is Spot Lock.
[signature]
[quote BSF]FYI, the Humminbird LakeMaster card has 27 Utah lakes on it that have been mapped, showing contour lines.[/quote]

Is Willard one of the utah lakes that have been mapped?
[signature]
Thanks Kent,

If I remember correctly, you like to jig, and Spot Lock would be perfect for that.
[signature]
[quote BSF]

If I remember correctly, you like to jig, and Spot Lock would be perfect for that.

[/quote]

You almost remember correctly. I LOVE to jig and yes Spot Lock works well for that, unless the wind is blowing too hard, and then I have to drag out the anchor.
[signature]
WH2,

On Ver.1 Willard has not been mapped.

Ver.2 of LakeMaster Western States should be coming out this month (March), so we need to wait to see if any new lakes have been mapped in Utah. I have ordered V.2, but they are back ordered.

Brian
[signature]
I was thinking about upgrading to an IPilot, just for the spot lock but don't know if I can. I guess I could try and give them a call but do you know if the model that says, Auto Pilot, on it can be upgraded?
[signature]
WH2,

What Minn Kota model do you have?

These can be updated:
Power Drive V2
Terrova

If you have his one,it can not be updated with iPilot:
Power Drive

Hope this helped, Brian
[signature]
FYI, the iPilot add on is $449.99
[signature]
I've got the 36 volt terrova and I love it. It was kinda hard to get used to, being how I've always been a motor guide foot cable guy. My son upgraded to the I link and it is tied to his hummingbird fish finders. He can make three dimensional maps.
[signature]
Like I said, it says Auto Pilot on it but that is it, I guess I'm out of luck. Thanks for the info.
[signature]
dtayboyz,

I imagine you can run your 36 volt all day with out draining the batteries. What pound thrust is your Terrova? And how big is your boat?

Is your son using AutoChart Pro to create 3D maps?

Thanks, Brian
[signature]
190 champion and I can fish a 2 day tournament without a recharge. Zach can follow contors lines, but the software is kinda spotty for Idaho.
[signature]
WH2 I upgraded my Power Drive 2 from the auto pilot add on to the I-pilot. All the auto pilot is, is that one side plate. It has wiring that goes through it to the head. And that controls your steering. To add the ipilot you will replace all that and you replace the actual head/top of the troller. The only thing that I didn't like was losing the pedal. But the features on the ipilot are amazing.
[signature]
Awesome, so for around $500, I can upgrade to the IPilot, sweet. I talked to a guy that did the upgrade himself and he said it was pretty easy. Sounds a lot cheaper than buying a whole new unit. Thanks for the info.
[signature]
Brian
I make the topo maps. And I can tell you those contours can be off as far as twenty feet. on the map. Just a FYI
[signature]
I was fortunate to have a fishing buddy upgrade mine for me. All I had to do was purchase the parts and supervise.[Smile]
[signature]
WH2,

See if the link below is helpful.

[url "http://youtu.be/WBAmROovBLk"][/url][url "http://youtu.be/WBAmROovBLk"]http://youtu.be/WBAmROovBLk[/url]

Brian
[signature]