Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold brookies
Well I never did make it to the green last weekend. Between the weather and my buddies grandpa passing away, we decided to postpone our adventure until the weather and his grandpa become a little more predictable. I did hit the weber with the crew and had some luck. But my favorite was a pod of brookies I got into today after work. I am really enjoying my new cabellas traditional iii 4wt. This may well mean that I am just not a discerning angler but I think it has great feel and can be very delicate when I need to be. I will say that I can see people calling it soft. But it produced for me today between cleaning the Ice off my guides. It was a whopping 15 degrees up the canyon by my house. Totally worth it. See pics for the "trophy" of the day and a shot of the run that was producing for me.

LECH
[signature]
Looks and sounds like it was a fun day. I should of went fishing with my day off today. Instead I tied flies all day. Oh well, this weekend is looking good to take the toon out. [Smile]
[signature]
Beautiful fish. I didn't even know there were brookies in the Weber. Then again, I've only ever fished the section from Rockport to Echo.
[signature]
I typed up that post last night on my phone while the kids were running around creating a general form off chaos. In my distracted state I failed to explain myself very well. I fished the Weber on Friday with the guys and had some luck on white fish and browns. Yesterday was a different body of water, by myself, near where I live now in Afton, Wy. I realize that a post with fish from Wyoming probably doesn't belong on the Utah board but honestly, no one from around here participates on the Wyoming boards. So, there may very well be Brookies in the Weber, I am sure that someone on here can answer that. As far as my brookie, it is a Swift Creek Wyoming strain of pretty. Sorry about the confusion.
[signature]
Well that makes a little more sense. [laugh] Personally, I think you should post all the Wyoming fish you want here. Wyoming isn't that far away, and it's nice to hear about other places to fish.
[signature]
Well I appreciate that and totally agree with you. I have a standing offer to show any BFT folks around my haunts up here if they are interested.
[signature]
[quote grunttwice]Well that makes a little more sense. [laugh] Personally, I think you should post all the Wyoming fish you want here. Wyoming isn't that far away, and it's nice to hear about other places to fish.[/quote]
+1 on that!
[signature]
Lovely.
[signature]
Nice brookies, post here and the Wyoming board. Always nice to hear about the neighbors.[cool]
[signature]