Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield 3/7/15
I'm one of the goofballs who is still hitting the hard deck. Went to Scofield and had a good time catching and enjoying a beautiful day. It was COLD in the morning (drilled the first hole at 7:30) but it warmed up nicely when the sun woke up. Breezy at times, but nice and calm in the flip shelter. Had to sort through 9 chubs, but managed to ice 19 cuts and 7 bows. Nothing big, but lots of fun. The best bite was in the morning, then it died from 10:30 to noon before the bite came back on. LOTS of lookers on the flasher that didn't bite. Used about everything in my tackle box to keep 'em interested. Didn't see anyone else out there, so I had to tell my fish stories to myself. Still plenty of safe ice if anyone has yet to hang up the auger. [Smile]

Earth, Wind, Fire and ICE........
[signature]
Thanks for the report busman! Does the edges look like they're opening up at all?
[signature]
No problem, TroutMan! Nope, the edges were just fine. I had planks I my truck, but didn't need them.
[signature]
I fished it in the afternoon with my boys. Weather was awesome. We caught 30 or so between the three of us including a 20 inch tiger.
[signature]