Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua and the maiden voyage
We were really excited at the prospect of 60° weather so decided to take out the 21 pontoon boat we recently picked up. Surprisingly enough the family and extended family all fit fairly comfortably and there were 8 adults and 7 kiddos. Well the ramps were not in select create a little bit of cold feet for few trying to get on the boat. Then for whatever reason the engine wouldn't start. I was a bit nervous since this was the first time I've used this boat since I recently purchased it. After about 40 minutes and having drifted quite a ways off of shore because of the light breeze which picked up as we were paddling hi somehow magically got the engine going and never had any issues after that. Started towards the south east end as I slowed down The front half of the book dipped down into the water got a few things wet, it was quite a learning experience.luckily nothing serious and all the kids were okay just a bit startled Smile. At that point we through out a few lines and did some trolling, shortly after that we picked up this nice bow. Picture attached below. By this time the wind picked up a bit and we realized it was too cold for the kids. not bad success considering we only had her lines in the water for about 20 minutes. Beyond that it was quite the adventure. I'm sure was an experience my family won't forget to quickly. Excited for warmer weather ahead!
[signature]
I had a similar problem with my new to boat starting.
I found out that my motor has to have the key turned on and pushed in to get the choke to work.
Lee's Marine told me to leave the key in the choke position for 8 to 10 seconds before trying to turn the engine over.
If you have the same key/choke system, this may be what you need to do to get it to start.
[signature]
Hah! I wouldnt be surprised if thats all it was, cause it just didnt sound like it was getting gas, once it turned over it purred. I do have the same thing i have to push it in to choke it. I probably just wasn't doing it long enough, thanks so much for the tip!
[signature]