Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Fishing Legends
Well, "The" fly fishing legend, and another one who was pretty well-travelled. I loved this. Glass rods, vintage (now) reels, tying streamers with bare hands, giant brook trout, nets too small (but they made them work fine), fishing and camping the way its meant to be, from the comfort of one's private float plane. Yeah! I found this much more entertaining and intriguing than any of that silly F3T stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwK0gYTzRz4

(Still not sure about how to get this youtube stuff to work here, but hey, Its Lee Wulff, and if he ain't allowed on here, then . . . you know.)
[signature]
Somebody actually just posted this on the FFR. Thanks for sharing to bad it's not quite like that anymore at least the fishing ha ha at least we can still fish vintage rods and reels. I'm gonna have to try and tie a fly without my vise!
[signature]
Thanks Jim, that was great. I thought it was funny, when Gowdy (sp) was standing next to the tent. Talking to Lee Wulff, "throw a sleeping bag in there, and a couple of trout. You'll be all set." guess daddy shot them all last night. Vintage game too...

humpy
[signature]
You're killin' me Jim. How I would love to have gotten into some of that Minipi strain.
[signature]
They still have 'em there Brookie. Just takes a week off, and a chunk of $$$.
[signature]
I can't even begin to watch today's crap on fly fishing but that was a great old video. Complicated fly fishing is because the fishermen got fooled. Certainly not needed to fool fish. I lived in the Boston area 1991-1998 and the last half of those years I graduated from Northern Maine trips to somewhere in Atlantic Canada (PEI, NB/Miramichi, Gaspe Peninsula of Quebec) for a few weeks. Newfoundland and Labrador was on my list for 1998 but I moved to Utah in April. Now that I've moved back you just reminded me to put it back on my list. I won't be here forever and my son will be off to college in a year and a half. I think I'll shoot for 2016 as this summer is already very full.
[signature]
BG1 and Jim,
Just get a flight into Boston and I'll drive you up. I already had a route planned from 1998. But yeah It'll be at least a 2 week trip.
[signature]