Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salem Pond on March 7
Went with a group up to Salem Pond on Saturday. First time there -- such a beautiful community Pond! We had good luck with spinners, my nephew averaged one trout every 10 minutes on his lil' Jakes gold with red dots. Gold Kastmasters worked well, too. I was pleasantly surprised to see the trout were active enough to regularly hit spinners during the entire time we were there (from about 10:30 - 1:00). We fished right off one of the private docks and even went out in a canoe and kayaks. Tried vertical jigging from the canoe, but no luck. Also tried drop shotting both worms and Gulp! Minnows from the shore and the canoe, but no luck there either. Either I or the fish need more practice.

It was such a beautiful day. Hope to get back there often! No pictures on this one, sorry!
[signature]
My old stomping grounds. That place is pretty interesting. Just about every type of fish. I've caught some good sized bass and catfish in there as well. Also, If you happen to hook on to one of those grass carp... hold on! haha
[signature]
Grass carp and fly rod sounds like I will have to check that pond out someday soon [Wink]
[signature]