Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
River South of East Canyon
I'm new to the area and was looking at the stream that runs south from the East Canyon Reservoir. Has anybody around here had any experience on that stream?
[signature]
The biggest challenge you will have with that stream is all the surrounding private ground. I know there are browns and whitefish in it.
[signature]
True... Looks like it might be an issue. I wonder who I'd talk to as far as getting permission, it looks like (at least in satellite images) that it'd be a fun little stream. Thanks for the information, Brother.
[signature]
[quote DPKen]I'm new to the area and was looking at the stream that runs south from the East Canyon Reservoir. Has anybody around here had any experience on that stream?[/quote]

Used to fish that stream all the time as a teenager. We used to get on it from the section owned by the LDS church called Zarahelma. I also entered it closer to Morgan where it runs under the road...either way, full of browns that LOVE red San Juans! Good luck!

-Rich
[signature]
[quote richyd4u]Used to fish that stream all the time as a teenager. We used to get on it from the section owned by the LDS church called Zarahelma. I also entered it closer to Morgan where it runs under the road...either way, full of browns that LOVE red San Juans! Good luck![/quote]

Excellent! Thank you for the information!
[signature]
East canyon river definitely has some big browns! Wish I could get in there. Used to fish it about 20 years ago, but the land owners wont let most people in. BTW, I checked the flows up there yesterday and it was only running just over 5 CFS. Imagine all of the fish are only in the deeper holes. Good luck gaining access.
[signature]
[quote DPKen][quote richyd4u]Used to fish that stream all the time as a teenager. We used to get on it from the section owned by the LDS church called Zarahelma. I also entered it closer to Morgan where it runs under the road...either way, full of browns that LOVE red San Juans! Good luck![/quote]

Excellent! Thank you for the information![/quote]

You're welcome!
[signature]