Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard
Sunday, 13 wipers and 2 walleye. Today, 9 wipers and 3 walleye. Fishing is on and off. Different speeds, lures, and colors. Nothing real consistent. Changes from day to day.
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report Jay and good to see you out there today.
We ended up with 5 wipers, we should have stayed where we were. When we came over to the area you were fishing we never caught a fish but as soon as we went back, we picked up two more. Water temp got up to 50 degrees before we left.
[signature]
How do you typically rig for Walleye this time of year?

Thanks, Brian
[signature]
Walleye's caught this year so far for me have been on long lines, in-line boards, and rock hopper/BB with 6' lead with a gold rapala. Some guys BB's with crawlers, I think it is a little early for this to be consistent. But it does work sometimes. When there is no "walleye chop", you have to get your boards out 100' and back about 100+'. This seems to work the best for me. When the bite is tough, I seem to do better when I use my Minn Kota rather than my gas motor.
[signature]
Thanks Jay,

It sounds like I better get the boat out of storage. This year I want to try to catch a few Walleye, I have only caught a couple, and that was at Starvation a few years ago. I will have to get me some planner boards and bottom bounces.

WH2 said the water temperature was 50 degrees, does that mean they are in pre-spawn mode and should be spawning soon?

Brian
[signature]
Give or take a few degrees, around 45 degrees for pre-spawn/spawn.
[signature]
One member reported the males he caught were milting, could be some of the fish are already spawning with water temps this warm.
[signature]
thank you for the good information
[signature]
Nice report. I'm planning on heading there Friday to try it out.
[signature]
Nice catching Jay! Was out there yesterday and nary a bite was had. What depth of water are you fishing?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000000][size 3][/size][/#000000][/font]
[size 3][font "Comic Sans MS"][#000000]I am quite jealous. Iwent out yesterday evening and got skunked. I have to wonder why you caught so many fish and I caught zero. What time of the day were you catchingfish? I was not bottom bouncing. I was trolling a variety of hard baits atbetween 1.0 and 1.9 mph. Care toenlighten me as to what you think the difference might have been?[/#000000][/font][/size]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000000][size 3] [/size][/#000000][/font]
[size 3][font "Comic Sans MS"][#000000]I marked ample fish but just could not get any bites.[/#000000][/font][/size]
[signature]
I was kind of hunkering around the 10' mark most of the time.
[signature]
I was out early, but did not catch first fish until 9:15. Fished until about 2:00. Varied my speed(1.0-2.5 mph) and made a lot of sharp turns and did some stop and go moves. Changed body baits often and did not really find a "go to" bait. A gold thin fin caught the most eyes and wipers. Sunday, a black and silver Wally Wart was the hot one, but only one wiper on it Tues??
[signature]
Thanks Jay. I tried no gold patterns but I did try the thin fins in silver. Thanks again.

--- Coot ---
[signature]
I'm surprised we did not see you if you were out there on Tuesday. I'm guessing you launched from the North marina?[:/] Did you make it out to the West side of the lake?
[signature]
yup ... launched at the North marina and spent about an hour and a half on the N-W dike.
[signature]
How shallow is the north marina?
[signature]
Single main, no kicker. Wink
Paddler, last Saturday, north marina was 2.6 ft at the very bottom of the ramp. 5 to 6 ft around the west side dock, 5 to 7 ft out the middle of the channel, a quick jump up to 4.5 ft at the hump just before the buoys, and from the buoys on out 8 to 11, and near the west side lite pole 14 to 16
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool