Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead Tournament this weekend?
On Monday and Tuesday we saw a number of bass boats out and hunting. Most of them are sporting Power Poles. Yesterday evening at low light saw a fully wrapped rig coming into Boulder Harbor. Talked to only one boat and they had 6 bass between them for the day. I had one smallie buck on Monday . Tough fishing for me.
[signature]
Good to know on the tournament. I guess I will need to get my act in order and look up every tournament trail I can find and get the dates into my Outlook calendar like I did last year. Kind of a pain but nice to know...

It was 63 degrees at the extreme far back SW corner of Vegas wash Saturday and 61 out in the general lake shortly after sunrise. Any day now they have got to be moving up. It is getting close. I thought I was done Striper fishing a month ago and bit me but thinking again done Striper fishing after this past weekend and time to ramp up on the LMB and SMB. It will be several weeks, I am thinking, before I can hit the lake again. The new hubs are suppose to be delivered today and I think I will be fine with the axle/stub axle/spindle, whatever one side is called, as is. Been pondering it all week and making a few calls asking opinions based on my version/interpretation of the damage that I ground down clean once home if I should replace completely or go as is.
[signature]
I was out tuesday from noon til bout 5. I fished some coves in the wash and the algae was bad. Tried everything I know and some stuff I don't and only got one six inch smallie. Wonder if the algae has a bad effect on the bass? Water was 68 in the 33hole area and 62 out in the basin. Either they ain't there or they ain't biting.
[signature]