Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunk boat at Willard
Looks like somebody had a bad day....
[signature]
That was crazy seeing that boat on the bottom today, that side scanner is totally amazing. Enjoyed getting out there with you today Mike.
[signature]
I can't believe the detail on your screen! What make and model is that scanner? I think I need to go shopping.[Wink]

Mike
[signature]
Its actually the 1st generation Lowrance HDS. They have only gotten better since then.
[signature]
Nicely done. Was that in structure scan mode?
[signature]
Impressive!
[signature]
Yes, that is structure scan. I have two units on my dash and that one runs structure scan almost exclusively.
[signature]
I been torn between the hds7 and HB 999ci hd si.
[signature]
he have the HB999, i like it, hopefully even more once i figure it out better
[signature]
Did you get GPS coordinates? The Park may be interested in knowing where it is.
[signature]
We talked to the park ranger and he told us they have begun work on adding 2 feet to the height of the dike. [cool]
[signature]
2 feet height? With no water to keep behind it? Ok.
[signature]
[quote albinotrout]2 feet height? With no water to keep behind it? Ok.[/quote]

There will be wet years ahead.
[signature]
Is that a recent sinking? Where about is it ?
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I have the exact coordinates. I was gonna pull some fish off of it before I tell the authorities where it is[Wink] cause they are going to want to drag it up. But seriously, I spaced off telling the park Ranger because I was too intrigued talking about raising the dike. As far as where the water is coming from to fill the extra two feet, he said there is legislation in the works to pull water from the bear river since all the water from the Weber is already claimed. We'll see if that actually happens...
[signature]
It will likely take 3 or 4 years, maybe longer to finish raising the height of the dike, I'm sure they are thinking by then we will be into some high water years. But, as Mike mentioned there are plans in the works to get water from Bear river. If that is true and they do add the pipeline, that is a big game changer right there, only time will tell.
[signature]
[#0000FF]"IF" is the biggest two-letter word in our language. Just imagine how things would be different...IF.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I think you have likely seen this Pat but for others here is the proposal for a new dam and pipeline from the Bear river drainage.
http://www.sltrib.com/news/2230808-155/l...he-wasatch
[signature]
[#0000FF]Yep. Seen it. But having lived in Utah for a few years...and knowing how gummint and pollyticks works...ain't nothin' done until it's done. And even then our lyin' eyes sometimes deceive us.

Not being cynical or pessimistic. Just sayin' it'll be nice when and IF it is reality. But the reality is that I probably won't be around to enjoy the ultimate benefits.

Bring it on.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Weber Basin Water District is very big and has a way of getting what they want.
They will get the water and we will get the rewards from it.
[signature]