Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Browns
Got the first spring fishing trip in today. Went to Jordanelle and caught Browns off and on from 8:30 to 3:30. No big ones but it was still fun. Even had a double with my brother! Water temps seemed weird to me. Ran the fish hawk down to 80 feet and the whole water column was the same temp plus or minus 1 degree. Was about 39 to 40 degrees. There was no thermocline at all. All fish were caught between 30 and 60 feet. Thought they would all be shallow so I didn't even bring the heavy down rigger weights. All the fish were about the same size, 16 to 17 inches. It was kind of like catching slot cutts at the Berry only they were all Brownies! Turned them all loose to grow bigger. Lots more action than I anticipated, good first outing of the season. Water was like glass most of the day
[signature]
[Smile]Sweet! Nothing like fast action and a beautiful day to go along with it.
[signature]
Good report and nice job. It looks like you had a great day.
[signature]
I love the fish hawk, at Strawberry in Nov. you can check the Temp and it is the same Temp all the way down so I don't think the water Temp was weird.
and thanks for the report.
[signature]
I remember a few years back fishing for smallies in some pretty heavy rain. We were throwing jerk baits toward any tress we could see and kept catching some pretty decent browns and very few smallmouth. Really fun trip and those browns put up a good fight
[signature]