Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard, launching?
Just curious if both marinas are open and which is best to launch from?

thanks
[signature]
I just checked out both ramps. There is a sign at the entry that to both north and south that says the ramps are closed due to low water. In fine print at the bottom it says you can use them at your own risk. There were quite a few empty trailers in the parking lots. So some are still using them.
[signature]
thank you!
[signature]
I'm been launching from the South marina for two weeks but they never closed the South marina this Winter. It is very shallow there, 3 ft tops in the center and no boat docks but it drops to 9 ft in the channel and all the way out, if you stay in the center for 1/4 mile out from the mouth of the channel, the biggest issue is coming in and staying right in the center for the last 1/4 mile. Without a doubt the North is the safer bet, there are less ramps in the water but at least there is a dock in the water there.
[signature]
Both marinas have signs posted stating 'boat ramps closed due to low water levels, launch at your own risk.'

You can still launch at either one, but personally I'd do on the North side. Just stay in the middle as you leave the marina. I have a small boat and had no problems and I saw boats a lot larger than mine launch without any issues.
[signature]