Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo Bay 3/15/15
Well I made it up to echo this morning in hopes of catching some lmb and smb.
Fished hard from sun up til 3pm. Water temp was 58 to start and up to 63.5 by the time we headed home. Saw quite a few fish but they were real spooky and not biting. We threw cranks from shallow square bills all the way to 6xd's wich will hit 20'. Drop shots, texas rigged worms and craws on jigs. Lots of carp where I thought the bass may be holding and some bigguns too. We did find one smallie that wanted to eat but she threw my lure then next cast at it it ate a worm but spit it too.
The algae is very minimal. There is some but nothing like the south end of the lake.
Only thing we really got was a nice early season sunburn! Lol
They are moving up but probly still a week or two til they start firing up and then making beds. Just my opinion.
[signature]
Good news! I was betting on what you might find after you posted Saturday, I think, that you were heading that way. I'm planning a trip up there this upcoming Saturday depending on what the weatherman says later this week. Boat/rods have been "de-stripered" and into LMB/SMB pre-spawn configuration [Wink]
[signature]
One thing I did notice is the farther south I went the warmer the water. FYI
Good luck nxt week probly see u there.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I found the surface water temps up to 65° just upstream of Callville in wind protected areas. Last time out 3/9 and 3/10. Lots of algae; suspended and pushed to windward edges.
[signature]
Suppose to windy somewhat this weekend. That puts me out. I'll deal with rain but not the wind on Lake Mead...
[signature]
The wind dosnt look like its gonna pick up til afternoom tomorrow. I'm gonna go fish the morning up at echo. I will give you an update or maybe see you there if you change your mind.
[signature]
Don't think I haven't been glued to the local news, online weather, etc. Looking good enough right now. This morning/early afternoon local news was saying gusts in the 20+ range but not seeing/hearing that now. Several sites/locations are listing the winds in the 3mph range until 10-11 o'clock then only going up to the higher single digits in the later hours. That will work for me. Back to going now [cool]
[signature]
Nice!!! See ya on the ramp. Lol
Good luck
[signature]
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php...QzPJuGm2u8

I usually use that site, you can click individual portions of the city/lake and get a forecast for the specified area. Just click the map on the right.
[signature]
I use the same one too plus a couple others to back-up the info.
[signature]
Thanks dude I like that site. Very interactive.
[signature]
forgot to mention, click on tabular forecast just under "additional forecasts & info" for hourly numbers going forward up to 6 days.
[signature]