Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cabo San Lucas Fishing Report and Baja
Jc Sportfishing Weekly Fish Report.
As the Admiral Seas It
Fishing Report: 3/9/15 to 3/16/15
Stop By Our Office for up to Date Fishing Report.
[center]Spring Break in Full Swing!!![/center]
[center]JC says “I am the Admiral Sportfishing?”[/center]
[center]Marlin Fishing: Well?[/center]
[center]Dorado Fishing: Hit and Miss!!![/center]
[center]Sierras on Striped Bait and Hootchies!!![/center]
[center]Wahoo on Live Bait: So So!!![/center]
[center]Yellowtail: Haven't Shown Yet!!![/center]
[center]2 Baja Lobster Recipes Inside!![/center]
HEADLINES: March 16, 2015:
JC was a little quiet this week saying,to many Spring Breakers in townHe said I was young once when I was fishing for Salmon in Alaska, and I told him I was too young once also, when I used to fish for Bluegill in the ponds of Missouri.
JC went on to say You will never be the fisherman I am, little man. (I don't know why he keeps calling me that?) Then he said: Get out of my office and go do that so called fishing report you write for me. So I left!!! One of these days JC!!

Jc Sportfishing Charters is a family owned and operated business and has been fishing in Cabo San Lucas for the past 18 years. Jerry, explains that his charter business is geared more for families and novice anglers, making sure everyone who charters a boat with him have a great time and lots of fun. We welcome families, and groups. We want everyone who fishes with us to take all the sites in and have a memorable experience. This is what is most important to us. We have and do a few tournaments each year and can cater to fisherman who might be interested in tournament fishing. Well lets get on with the fishing report for this past week.
WEATHER: It was really nice over the last week. It did rain yesterday in some areas of Los Cabos, actually some pretty good down pours and even some hail in San Jose I hear. Todo Santos and even up towards La Paz got some good down pours, but besides yesterday it has been pretty clear and sunny most days, all over our fishing grounds. Highs are reaching the mid 80,s and lows in the lower to mid 60,s. I hear that in LA it was like almost 90 degrees over the last 2 days. I guess they were having a warm streak but it seems a little early for that right now.
WATER: Well the water is still lingering around 71 to 73 degrees in our whole area, I did notice south of Gordo Banks at the Cabrilla Seamount that there was warmer water in that area quite a ways off shore. There was like a line right there separating the 72 degree water and the 76 degree water. So a little bit of a contrast but it hasn’t changed much since last week in our vicinity.
This link which will show you water temperatures for the southern half of Baja. [url "http://www.tempbreak.com/index.php?&cwregion=cb"]http://www.tempbreak.com/index.php?&cwregion=cb[/url]
BILLFISH: Marlin fishing has been pretty off and on all week from the Light House to Rancho Migrino is where fish have been caught and what they are hitting is live bait and lures. All fish are being landed from 1 to 4 miles offshore on the Pacific side. I am not saying we are catching lots of Marlin what I am saying is what we have caught was caught in those areas.
DORADO: Hit and miss this week on Dorado, there has been good days and bad but you know how fishing is we can't guarantee nothing but being in Cabo you have a pretty good chance of getting some in the boat. Ranch Migrino to up inside the Golden Gate has been good for Dorado on Ballyhoo, live bait and lures. I think if you book a boat this week you will have a more than average chance to catch a few Dorado!!!
WAHOO: A few Wahoo around, but really not a lot. The ones that were caught were using rapalas dragged with Downriggers. I understand this was effective on some occasions this past week.
TUNA: None!!! I haven’t heard of a lot of of Tuna being landed this past week. If you do run into them, I think you will have to run offshore about 25 to 35 miles to maybe run into them if you can find a school of Porpoise.
INSHORE: The inshore fishing has been pretty good for Sierras from the Solmar to te Light House on hootchies and striped bait. The Yellowtail haven’t even showed up this year and normally we are in full swing by now knocking them dead. I don’t know if the water is to warm or what the case is but it hasn’t happened for Yellowtail yet. Afew Red Snappers in the rocks in the Pedregal area I understand.

[center]From The Admirals Kitchen is Open Again!![/center]
Baja Lobster Casserole!
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. white pepper
1 tsp. dry mustard
3/4 c. cream
3/4 c. milk
6 slices white bread, crust removed
2 lbs. cooked fresh lobster, bite size pieces
1/2 c. crushed Ritz crackers

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter a 2-3 quart casserole. In saucepan, melt butter, sprinkle in flour, stirring constantly, to form a thick paste. Stir in paprika, salt and pepper and mustard. Slowly add cream and milk, stirring constantly. Continue to cook and stir until mixture is thick and smooth.
Tear bread into bite-size pieces. Add to cream mixture. Stir in lobster pieces. Pour into prepared casserole. Top with crackers. Bake 10-12 minutes, until cracker topping is lightly toasted and casserole bubbles. Yields: 4 servings.
Baja Lobster Grilled!
When it comes to grilled whole lobsters, I have always endorsed Mesquite over gas, but either will work. About a pound and a quarter lobster is the sweet spot for the most tender, tastiest meat. If you want more of a complement to a meal you can grill just the tails — same method as below. Still cut them in half lengthwise, but skip the parboil.
Servings: 1
Ingredients
1 whole lobster
4 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Pinch of salt
Pinch of ground pepper (grinding it fresh onto the lobster will make a huge difference)
1 teaspoon minced garlic (optional)
Directions:
[ol][li]Parboil the lobster so you don't end up with a nicely grilled outside and raw inside. Drop the lobster in a pot of boiling water, remove after five minutes and shock in an ice bath to stop it from cooking any further.[/li][li]Slice the lobster lengthwise all the way through into two halves.[/li][li]With the same knife, cut small slits in the claws to vent while cooking. Brush the exposed meat with a mixture of melted butter, lemon juice, a little salt and freshly ground pepper, and if you want, some minced garlic.[/li][li]Clean and lightly oil the grill and get your coals at medium heat. Lay the lobster flesh side down and cook for about five minutes. Then turn it over, brush on more lemon butter, and cook shell side down for another five minutes. When finished the meat should be firm and opaque all the way through.[/li][li]Serve with more lemon butter on the side.[/li][/ol]
Level of Difficulty:
Easy
Prep Time:
25 minutes
Cooking Time:
15 minutes
BEWARE: Please beware of the guys in the street selling boat charters. If you wait till the day you are fishing and go to the dock where your boat is many times people will mislead you to another boat or dock trying to put you on a boat that was not meant for you. You need to have a person guide you to your boat, who is from a reputable charter company. This way there is no confusion or misleading. Please remember when renting Sport fishing boats in Cabo that you rent your boat from reputable and established business. Walk into a fishing fleet office and ask questions about what you are getting and what are the costs? You don't want to rent boats from vendors in the streets and you do not want to book through shady websites offering you the world. Check through travel forums about reputable fishing fleets to deal with. Look for testimonials about the fleet your booking, your charter with. Ask about what will the boat be supplying? Will it include beverages or lunches? How much does it cost to fillet your catch? Check to see if charter boat is insured? Ask about getting your catch smoked? Check cost of a fishing license. These are just a few things to consider when booking your charter boat. We will be talking more about this in the next weeks fishing report. Until next time good fishing and we hope to see you in Cabo soon. Come by the office here in Cabo and get all the latest up to date fishing report. [url "http://www.jcsportfishing.com"]http://www.jcsportfishing.com[/url] [url "http://youtu.be/tSXN6pifQyQ"]http://youtu.be/tSXN6pifQyQ[/url]

[signature]