Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
charleston launch
so I guess they closed it to all motorized craft. I talked to them about float tubes, toons and canoes and with an electric trolling motor they become much higher risk and are prohibited there if you use a trolling motor. I understand that launch is only good in the spring but that's the only time I fish there. Looks like I will be paddling around instead of taking the motor. I'm sure this has been covered at length but I just found out, too bad! They claim budget restrictions. We better get that state land back cause we can obviously take care of what we have [crazy]
[signature]
I heard it was closed, and the island ramp was closed due to they needed to get the decontamination units in place. I think you will see less use of this lake by boaters this year due to the process of having to decontaminate after pulling out of the lake. I hope those that use float tubes, waders, and canoes remember they also need to be decontaminated after being in the lake also. I would hate to see all the surrounding lakes end up with the same issues.
[signature]
Both of them have been closed since mid February.
[signature]