Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deadwoodf?
This winter's snow is going way early this year.

I know it's still a bit early, but does anyone happen to know how close to being open the 3 main roads into Deadwood? Anyone gone for a Sunday drive up that way recently and care to share what you know?
[signature]
Our crews will take a snow cat over Scott Mountain in the morning to Deadwood. Other routes are snowed in still so I've have been told, no idea when they will be open.
[signature]
The pass from Landmark is full of avalanche chutes and in a snow belt. The snotel has deadwood summit, it is 10 feet off the road, still 60+ inches. Banner is low 20 inches or so, don't know about scotts. Remember no snow in the sun but 6 feet soon as you hit the shade.
A few years ago it was snow free but the gates where closed. Even if all the snow burns off don't expect to get a vehicle in their until late may/June at the earliest.
[signature]
[quote EZOP]Our crews will take a snow cat over Scott Mountain in the morning to Deadwood. Other routes are snowed in still so I've have been told, no idea when they will be open.[/quote]

Super, appreciate any info your crew can bring back. Pics would be even better, but I won't get too greedy.
[signature]
Crew cancelled this morning because of snow advisory in mountains.
[signature]
That makes sense.
[signature]
Did your crew ever attempt a run into Deadwood?
[signature]