Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urban fishing
Hitting the Jordan just about every day. Trying new spots. Found one last week that looked promising.
[Image: IMG_2665_zpslflgw410.jpg]
[Image: unnamed_zpsfgl0thvj.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2664_zpspiih44v3.jpg]

But there are the good ol' spots too.:
[Image: IMG_2657_zpsku4o56fk.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2723_zpsm3prltaq.jpg]
[Image: g3_zpsy3zpzk8m.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2631_zps1ylzslbz.jpg]

All caught on the fly and released.
[Image: IMG_2628_zpspkukllly.jpg]
[signature]
Very nice! Considering that the crowds I found at the local Blue Ribbon stream yesterday were already at summertime levels, I might have to consider a similar approach.

Did you catch that sucker on a glo bug?
[signature]
The Jordan River seems to be the most biologically diverse fishery in Utah for one of the most artistically diverse persons I know.
[signature]
Thank you K. When are you at the Wasatch show this weekend?
[signature]
I have been underestimating the Jordan my ENTIRE life.
[signature]
I'm doing a workshop at 3:00 but will probably be there when it opens on Friday.
[signature]
We have a gig Friday night at Barbary Coast so I won't be there till Sat. I am on table 12 at 9 to 11:30.
[signature]
Nice Jordan 'bow! Reminds me of my youth chasing them up and down the river from 123rd south to 45th. Waterfalls, creek and spring inlets, etc, etc. Even some cutthroats and many browns were found.
[signature]
Yeah, TubeDude's book about Utah Lake talks about great spawning runs of Bonneville Cutts going up the Jordan with hungry folks scooping them out with nets.

It must have been something to see Utah Lake with clear water and 30-plus inch Bonnies swimming all around.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Most of the cutts went up tributaries...like the Provo and Spanish Fork Rivers. But I am sure that more than few descended the Jordan outlet too.

Best shot at a 30 incher in the Jordan today might be a shopping cart.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Hope you don't mind if I post a photo from your book showing what we are now missing. Must have been from another source, but somewhere I've seen an old photo of people netting big fish out of the Jordan.

[inline "Jordan River.JPG"]
[signature]
[#0000FF]No problem.

That photo and many others can be found in the book Utah Lake Legacy...put out by the June Sucker Recovery Program.

There were doubtless lots of fish moving up and down the Jordan as well as the inlet rivers.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
So random tangent here, but I was thinking -

If the carp and pike issues can be solved in Utah Lake, do any of y'all think it could ever become a viable cutthroat fishery again?
[signature]
[#0000FF]Nice work and good pics. But you look like you're having too much fun.

Have you seen or hooked any pike yet? Wouldn't be surprised to see a few of them move down from the lake and take up residence in the Jordan.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Nice work, I am still waiting for you to pull up a body though….then i'll come help land it (if I am working)[:/]
[signature]