Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Utah Cat Contest FishMcFisherson
3/28/15 Utah Lake 28.5 inches.

[#005000]Cell phone pix are tough, more is better, especially if I have to zoom to see numbers. I'm gonna go with 28", assuming the number at the nose is 28. I don't see the extra 1/2" sorry.

If you can use a better camera, or zoom in somehow. I can only grade on what I can see, and the burden of proof is on the entrant.

This a darn nice first entry.

28 pnts
[/#005000]
Dang that's a big kitty.
[signature]
Nice Cat. Shame to get dinged for a not so nice photo. Suggestion...? Put your measuring tape (or the fish) in a position you can see the tape along whole length of fish. I know cell phone pics are tough, and I don't like to carry my good camera on the boat. If you get the tape positioned where the whole tape can be seen, and get your phone back far enough to get the whole fish and tape in the frame, don't worry if it looks small to you on the camera. Once loaded, it can be enlarged to see everything more clearly.
Nice start though, best I've come up with is a fat Carp at Willard...[mad]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Very nice SOUTHERN cat!

Hard to get those cats to strike the proper pose for a picture. Usually when the fish is right the logo is blocked or the tape is not visible.... always something. It helps if you have a second set of hands to tail-pinch or keep everything together.

Keep 'em coming!

The best is yet to come.
BLK
[signature]
BOOM! Strong start for sure.
[signature]
Here's another try for the 28.5"

[#005000]Alrighty then. That'll do. I can see clearly now. . .
Could well imagine that emailing a photo causes the phone software to reduce the size. So yeah, don't do that! Haha.
So same fish, same lake, same date. We'll go with it.

28.5 pnts
[/#005000]
Figured I better add a couple small ones to fill in for now. 24.5" and 26" 5/31 Utah Lake.

[#005000]
So the 24-ish fish is bumped, and you've got 26 pnts here.
26 pnts
[/#005000]
I don't know if Yote has said anything or not but you don't have that tape at the end of the fish so he has to subtract length off the other end to compensate. Nice fish though. Good weekend for Ya good job. Later J
[signature]
Yeah, I figured the smaller one would probably get taken down to 24, but I think the 26 should be alright.
[signature]
Bump my 24 incher for this guy. 25 inches 6/28/15 Utah Lake.
[#005000]
Maybe we can give ya bonus on the meanest, ugliest fish award? He just looks mad!
25 pnts
[/#005000]
Caught a couple today to bump up the ol' score. 27 and 28 inches 8/29/15 Utah Lake, of course.

[#005000]Looking good. Sorry so late on scoring these, but let's get 'em on there!

27 and 28 pnts
[/#005000]