Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo Bay 3/27/15
Got on the water before sun rise. Water temp was 60 but by the end of the day the surface was 67-68 in most coves. Kinda slow to start and any largemouth I saw were real spooky couldn't get one to bite and only saw one pair the others were solo.
The smallies on the other hand were pretty aggressive for the most part. Saw a few on beds some would eat but others had lock jaw. Got a few just blind casting a worm and a few sightfishing wich is some of the most fun I've ever had fishing. I had the biggest mead smallie I've seen follow a crank all the way to the boat then threw worm at it a few times but she was wise to me I think. Cruised the rest of the cove for bout 30 mins got a few smallies then went back to the big girl and she was posted rite on a shallow point, dropped a worm bout 3' from her and she inhaled it. Nothing better than seeing a great take like that and wow was she pissed. Fought her for a min or two and put her in the boat.
I love smallies hardest fighters pound for pound in my opinion!
All in all a great day and its only gonna get better in the coming months!
[signature]
Big smallies certainly are the cats meow when it comes to a fight. Awesome catch. Bummer on the LMB but in the end I'd rather catch smallies if they are around for sure.
[signature]
nice!
[signature]