Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Willard Report
Hit the north marina at 8:15. First wiper at 9:00 fishing wasn't fast but we boated 10 wipers, 1 walleye and a big carp that wore Kellys arms out. Left at 1:00 PM. Was a beautiful day with the breeze only kicking up a couple times. All in all it was a great day for my first trip to Willard this year. Trolled at 2.7-3.0 MPH silver and black shad raps and blue and chrome rat l traps
[signature]
Very nice. You smoked us. I guess they hated us today for whatever reason. We even tried the same time, same lures, same speed, probably even the same places. Haha.
[signature]
There were a few people out but I dont know how others did. It wasnt fast but it was a good day. We caught a couple wipers that were small and no real big ones.
[signature]
Nice job - it looked like it was going to be good weather day for catching - glad to hear you got into some takers.
[signature]
We caught 1 walleye and a 6 inch wiper.
[signature]
Good on ya! You did better than us too. However it was an interesting day. I had a hard time not getting the lines all tangled with the wind. At one point I had a fish on a planer board line, reeled in to take the board off, line gets in prop, fish gone. Then my buddy gets a fish on and starts reeling it in. He gets his line in and finds out he doesn't have a fish he has my line. So we hand over hand the wiper in. Meanwhile my son casts out and catches a wiper. I go to redo my setup and planer board is gone. We troll for a while, catch another wiper. About to start again and I tell my son that his planer board is off. Well he holds up his in his hand. We had drifted twice trolled for half an hour to end up with my planer next to the boat. What a day. Sorry to hijack your post.

humpy
[signature]
Sounds like a crazy day[crazy]
[signature]
We didnt have any tackle issues thank goodness but Kelly did foul hook a huge carp. He got a work out before we got it to the boat. It seemed to us that when that chop came up we caught more fish and when it calmed down the bite dropped off. Willard will change on you you just never know.
[signature]
A little chop on the water always seems to improve the fishing there...
Nice report and pics Brent, glad you got into them.
[signature]
Thanks Curtis. Just fished the way you showed me[laugh]
[signature]
I was happy to find fish, the guy I was with is almost like a son. He scored a bunch of firsts on the trip. 1st wiper, 1st fish on any crankbait, 1st fish trolling and he had a new pole and caught his 1st wiper on it. He was hoping to catch a walleye too, maybe next time.
[signature]
It's always fun to get a wiper newbie onto his first wiper, good times.
[signature]