Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Utah (Nevada) Catfish Contest (Unofficial) karl_l
Hey All,

Starting out the representation for the West (Nevada) division of this contest. (No, this isn't an official entry, just joining in on the fun). Caught this bruiser out of South Fork Reservoir near Elko, NV on 3/27/15. Weighing in at 18.6 lbs, it has my next best cat ever beat by about 5 lbs. I had it measured at 32", but the picture only shows 31", so we'll go with that.
[signature]
Wow, now that's a cat.... Nice job, glad you're not official, that would be dang tough to beat... Good job... you and Ron from Idaho need to be in the NIC (not in contest) bracket and we'll see which one finds the best cat... Thanks for posting... J
[signature]
Dang that's a big ol cat. Nice! Hey you are welcome to join in the fun. Too bad it's not an official entry.
[signature]
That's a seriously fat cat! What you been feeding him, Elk?

So what lattitude in Nevada are you? [cool]
[quote CoyoteSpinner]That's a seriously fat cat! What you been feeding him, Elk?

So what lattitude in Nevada are you? [cool][/quote]

Looks like another contest needs to happen, north vs. south in Nevada....[sly]
[signature]
Coyote: Elko is about the same lattitude and elevation as Salt Lake city with a climate closer to that of Cache Valley, so no excuses for longer growing seasons, warmer water, etc. here. (Though South Fork is a very productive reservoir that produces some really nice fish: Example posted below.)

Albino: Would love to get a North vs South contest going over here, but I seem to be about the only Northerner that ever posts to BFT. Guess I could try to take on the south on my own....
[signature]
Nice Fish and thanks for posting! Judging from the tailgate picture.... I think you need a bigger net![Smile]
[signature]
Sounds like we need to find more members in northern Nevada. Need some stickers?
[signature]