Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Against All Odds
Well, I think I am going to go against my own advice and target some more of them there wipers tomorrow.

[ul][li]Full moon ... wiper slow the bite[/li][li]Cold front low pressure ... wiper slow the bite[/li][li]Taking a new-bee ... wiper don't bite[/li][/ul]
The odds are stacked against me but what the heck, gona give it a try anyway.
[signature]
Give them Hell Ol Coot.
[signature]
Can't catch um if you don't get a line in the water. I may try on Fri also, I'm still trying for a wiper this year on the fly rod. Good luck to you!!
[signature]
Interesting topic, I started an excel spread sheet this year that captures date, moon phase illumination % and water temp.

Scotty
[signature]
Go for it![cool]
[signature]
The spreadsheet data is a cool idea. If you continue to update through the spring and summer, shoot me a copy and I will run correlation and regression analysis on the factors and provide some statistics for you...
[signature]
Sweet, thanks....
[signature]
good luck! Imo i think the full moon is better for warm water fish. But the other 2, im not to sure about. Those newbys always seem to scare the fish away, then it just sounds like your making up stories when you spend the day telling them you caught 20 in that exact spot the day before. HAHA... +1 fishgiver
[signature]
In most years I'd agree with your list but for what ever reason, this year has been different and the fish are biting right after cold fronts. I'll likely be out there tomorrow as well. Do you have an marine radio Ralph?
[signature]
Nope ... no marine radio. Just my cell and you have that. Give me a call if you find the wipers.
[signature]
Ya best of luck with the cold snap. On my 2 days off I end up staying home tying some flies and waiting for the warmer weather.
[signature]
Will do.
[signature]
Ralph, now you are a big TV star, you are just getting cocky by thinking you can ignore all of the bad signs and still catch them at Willard.[Wink] If I had to place a bet on your success or not, I would bet that Willard will humble you. Now go out and prove me wrong.[Smile]
[signature]
[quote kentofnsl]If I had to place a bet on your success or not, I would bet that Willard will humble you.[/quote]

Yea, I know ... I'm afraid you might be right.
[signature]
I may buck the trend and try to get out there tomorrow my self , any word on how far into the spawn the walleye are?
[signature]
Their done, the males are biting, the female, not yet but it won't be long[cool].
[signature]