Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Cleaning Stations
Does anyone know if the cleaning stations at Willard's North marina is open for use yet?

If they are still closed, I hope they ain't waiting for the water level to drop and nobody fishes there anymore.

I think the wiper fishing is going to crash once bite-sized shad start showing up. Between that and the low water, those stations won't be getting much use unless they open them up soon.

--- Coot ---
[signature]
So speaking of shad and little fellers showing up.... When will they (shad) spawn this year? Last year the good fishing went through June, I expect it will shutdown early this year with the warmer temperatures... Anyone been watching this? Guess I better get down there a couple more times before it ends... Sure is fun to tussel with a wiper on the end of the line... Later J
[signature]
Both the north and south stations were not open for business on Sunday last.
[signature]
I am going fishing there on Sunday. I will let you know. Usually, I just bring my fish home and clean them. My girlfriend just loves me for it.
[signature]
South was still covered Tuesday.
I'd Guess the north is the same.

Wish you luck with the fishing and the stations.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]I thought you were a gardener? You should be taking that stuff home and planting it under your tomato plants. [Wink][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[signature]
[#0000ff]The explanation I got was that they do not open them and turn the water on until the last potential for a freeze is over. July 4?

Usually around the end of April or first of May.

PS...are you in a hurry to donate more knives there?
[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][#0000ff]PS...are you in a hurry to donate more knives there?[/#0000ff][/quote]

LOL ... Man, ain't that the truth ...
[signature]
I think they the should get them open now , there is no way they could have a freeze problem now , plus I would give them something to do rather than boat inspections every time you show up there.
[signature]
I heard there is a hard freeze warning tonight[:/].
[signature]