Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strawberry ?
hey guys i just joined this message board and it looks like a lot of people use it. i hit strawberry about once a week. i went tuesday and fished for about 3 hours from 10 to 1pm. landed 4 nice cuts one pushed 22 in and 4 plus lbs. i had a ton of bites and hook ups but many spit the hook on the way up and many hit hard but had no result. maybe i will get a file to sharpen my hooks. any way i will be going up to the berry monday. lets here some good reports. how about it.
[signature]
I am hoping to hit Strawberry this coming Payday. How is the ice?? I want to take my snowmobile to get away from the crowds a little. Havent I seen you on the Doug Miller site?? Welcome to BFT!
[signature]
The only problem I've seen the 4-wheelers or snowmobiles have up there so far is the slush. But latest reports I've heard say the surface is solid again now.
Good luck!
[signature]
Drove by Strawbeerry coming back from Starvation yesterday, tons of people on the water. WE looked out by the Co-op creek area??? Correct me WH2 if i am wrong. and seen a big ship out on the ice split in half and on the shore was a giant tent, semi trucks and alot of activity, so we decided to check it out. A nice young lady came over and said they are filming the latest Disney movie out there, called "National Treasures" Supposedly it has Nicolas Cage in it. And some story that takes place in Antartica. She said there is security guards watching the bay to advise snowmobileers to please not ruin the untouched snow. (trying to replicate antartica) But she said by law they cant stop people from going out on the ice, public property, but they advice them and appreciates cooperation in doing so. She said to come up during the week, they do pyrotechniques on the ices and explosives, said it is really cool to see!!!!
[signature]
jr8fish, I don't get to the Berry very often due to the distance but I like to fish it when I can. Can you give me some tips to help improve my catch. I look for the fish to be on the bottom of the lake most of the time. Is this correct? Do you use a 2 lure combo or 1 with a weight like a cast master to get it down? Are tube jigs good and do you use smelly jelly or other atractants with your offerings? I usually go to Chicken East the same as I do on my pontoon boat.When I am on my boat I do very well there. Please PM me or just post any tips you may have for me. Thanks DKSRenegade
[signature]
The area that we saw the ship in, is chicken creek west. Someone reported the tent being there a week or two ago but said he thought they were building a boat ramp and the tent was there to cover the cement while it cured but I guess that is not the case. WH2
[signature]
I went to the berry last night. Left Salt Lake around 8:30 pm. got on the ice about 10:30 and fished till 2 am. The air was clear and cold. Temp was below zero I am sure. We drove over to the marina and fished in 17 feet of water by the gas fill up area. Caught 3 within the first 30 minutes. I ended up landing 5 and loosing 3 at the hole. All cuts. Green ratfinky with night crawler was what we used. Almost every fish that came into the sonar screen bit. Bites were very light. Had to use a tip sensor / indicator. There was no slush in our area. The ice was 14 or so thick. I've never used plastic at the berry, always wax worms, ratfinkys and night crawlers. Sometimes meal worms work okay. I haven't tried soldier creek this year... yet, we usually do very well over there. The road into mud creek was clear. The night fishing was different, cold clear night air and nobody around in any direction. I may have to do it again.
[signature]