Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard bay north marina
My kiddos want to go fishing for something other than trout and was thinking about willard. How much is it to get into willard theses days and how well does the north marina fish this time of year? Thanks for your replys.
[signature]
Willard has been good fishing for wiper. They have been biting on the south west side and I've limited out in under an hour consistently over the last 4 days. They seem to be eating most things but I've found the hardest hits have been on chunks of cooked mussels.

Willard is a state park, I'm not sure the fees anymore I just always buy the pass.

Chris
[signature]
I believe the north marina day fee is $10.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Water levels are very low...only about 3' max in the north marina. Not enough for most species but there will be crappies coming in next month. Right now you might get a carp or two inside the marina. [/#0000FF][#0000FF][#0000FF][b]And not many spots that are worthwhile fishing outside the marina either. [/#0000FF]In my opinion not worth a $10 entrance fee.
[/b][/#0000FF]
[signature]
Off Peak Fee Schedule (October 1st - April 30th)

Vehicle : $10.00

Peak Fee Schedule (May 1st - September 30th)

Vehicle Weekday (Monday through Thursday) $10.00

Vehicle Weekend Friday/Saturday/Sunday&Holiday : $15.00
[signature]
$15 ? Is that new for this year? I payed $10 last year on Saturdays!! I guess i better get an annual pass.
[signature]
$10-15 for day use is insane! If your using the boat ramp to launch a boat then fine, but to drive in and fish off the shore or launch a float tube or pontoon boat!! Common man!!!
[signature]
I believe the south marina is cheaper.
[signature]
if you're not taking a boat you can fish free. I've had the most luck fishing on the south side of the lake. After you turn after smith and edwards you just keep heading down that road and pass the upland game management area then you can park right by the dike and hike over it and fish
[signature]
+1 Dtatty that's exactly what I did!![Wink]
[signature]
[quote Lundude]$15 ? Is that new for this year? I payed $10 last year on Saturdays!! I guess i better get an annual pass.[/quote]
It has been $15 on weekends for at least two years, I'm not sure exactly when they started the $15 on weekends rate but I do remember seeing that rate last year at the North marina. If you go at least 6 or 7 times a year, the state parks pass is the way to go for sure.
[signature]
Jacob,

I have a senior pass for Willard and I fish from a boat. There is no way I would pay that much to fish from shore. Due to the lack of water and boat traffic in the North Marina, the water is very muddy. I suggest you consider Mantua, there is no entrance fee, unless you use the boat ramp, and the water is clear. If you walk around to the east side, there are several places you might hook into some bass, bluegill and yellow perch. Of course, there are trout in Mantua, but fishing for a mixed bag can be fun.

Good Luck!
[signature]
Were can you get the cooked mussels?
[signature]
Most groceries stores should carry them, even Walmart.

I think the mussels typically come frozen or in a can. Check the frozen seafood section or by the tuna fish for cans.
[signature]