Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Box car 4/10/15
Here is a picture of the first fish I caught off of my kayak,it wa small but I was happy to finally catch One.

I'm new to this forum and kayak fishing in general and I'm looking for a little advices on where to launch from on the kayak. I like boxcar since there are a few nice coves relatively close. Thanks for any help
[signature]
Welcome aboard.

A fish is a fish!

I say stick with it and that area and just learn from there. Less traffic and some nice coves around there. Fishing on Mead is just picking up and will only get better as it continues to warm.
[signature]
Welcome to the forum. Nice smallie!
[signature]
[cool]Welcome to the board. Always good to hook up when paddling about. Wolf4ever is correct about your choice of area and less boat traffic. I cut my teeth at 33hole in a tube and learned quickly about other boaters. Explore those coves and venture further out to some of the points.I have been meaning to launch from there as well as crawdad. With the spawn happening there should be plenty of bass to play with.Good luck on your outings.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT! Nice smallie. Personal watercraft are a blast to fish from. I prefer a toon and chasing bass on them is a blast![cool]
[signature]
[cool]Hey Devvon, how was the road to boxcar/crawdad? I'm thinking about heading that way real soon.I haven't been there since I got my kayak;about two years.Thanks.
[signature]
Thanks for the comments guys I appreciate it.

[quote BigE][cool]Hey Devvon, how was the road to boxcar/crawdad? I'm thinking about heading that way real soon.I haven't been there since I got my kayak;about two years.Thanks.[/quote]

The road to boxcar is good just typical washboard. I always go to the left of the main cove over the hill and lanch from one of those coves. I would recommend 4wd drive but that being said I have seen plenty of car in there.
[signature]
[cool]Thanks for the info. I got a 2wd truck so I think I should handle it. Good luck out there.
[signature]