Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help In McCall
I am having a 'dad' problem this weekend and could use some help.

My oldest daughter is going down to Lagoon in SLC with her mother and a bunch of friends this weekend leaving our 10 year old daughter with me here in Boise.

She is feeling left out so I told her we can have a dad n daughter weekend and we can do whatever she wants.

The only thing she wants to do is go fishing in McCall. Whenever we go camping in McCall, we always end up fishing at Browns pond and always end up with some Trout and its one of her favorite things to do.

Its pretty early in the year and I dont think its been stocked so I am worried that we may not end up catching anything.

We will be spending Friday afternoon, all day Saturday and Sunday morning in McCall and I am hoping I can get some suggestions on different places to take her fishing. Needs to be shore fishing, I don't have a boat.

It doesnt really matter what kind of fish. She would be happy pulling in just about anything. Is there any place in the McCall area that we can try out? We will try Browns pond of course and the new pond at the north campground. Any other suggestions? I would be willing to hike somewhere too.

Thanks!
[signature]
Go drop a line. And, then hit one of the many Hot Springs around their.

Burgdorf is always fun. Kinda, cool she is not going to Lagoon. One on One time. With the old man.

Good luck.

Idaho

P.S

A cheap pair of polarized sunglasses is almost like fishing. Kids dig them!!!
[signature]
I hear Horse Thief is very good right now. Maybe drive down and try that spot, followed by a trip to Gold Fork Hot Springs on the way back to McCall?
[signature]
Stopped by Horsethief on the way up. Fishing was very slow. Slower than the attention span of my daughter anyhow. There were a couple of gentleman fishing on the dam that had been there since 9 am ( it was 4:30) and had about 10 fish or so.

Asked them how they were fishing. They were using power bait and were fishing either on the bottom or just off the bottom. The bites were very light.

Kenna and I tried for about 40 minutes with no luck. We were using worms and a marshmallow to float a little off the bottom.
[signature]
You still need help getting the little girl into fish?
[signature]
We are done for the weekend. Ended up trying the family fishing waters around McCall. Could only get to 2 of them. Nothing biting. Went back down to Horsethief and my daughter and I were able to catch 3 nice trout. Would have caught more but I was having some trouble with my knot tying I think. Tried Horsethief on the way home on Sunday but nothing was biting. Bad time of day I think(2:00) Seems like the trout would start biting around 4.

Will be planning more fishing trips soon. She wants to catch one of those big fat Perch we saw photos of out of Cascase.[reply][reply][/reply][/reply]
[signature]
Hmmm. Too bad you didn't do better. I fished Cascade on Friday, from my boat. I caught over 160 perch in about 6 hours. Over 80 of those came in 1.5 hours. I believe these fish were catchable from shore if you were in the right place.

Not willing to share openly to ALL public at this time. It is a small area and would be over run with boats as soon as I shared openly.

Talked with a guy who caught a "50 lb Tiger" on Friday. Wish I'd seen it!
[signature]