Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard - Friday + some good news
[font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
The cleaning station at Willard North is up and running again!
[font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
The water today was[font "Calibri"] [/font]very choppy – making the fishing rough. It was tough to find ones that wanted to play. Tried many things but Fire Tiger Rapalas and chartreuse bottom bouncers did the best for us. Started fishing at 930 but didn't catch anything till 10:15. Our last fish was caught at 1:10 then we couldn't even find one and we trolled all over looking 2 hours before calling it day. Ended up with a total of 4 wipers (15-16in, released the littlest one) and 2 walleye (19.5 & 21.5in).
Oh yeah - water was 50.8 at the start and warmed to a whopping 51.9 when we left.
[font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
Talked with some shore fishermen at the cleaning station – they had 2 wipers and SMB
Hopefully those winds will calm down for those heading there tomorrow!
[font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
[signature]
Wow, that last storm really cooled the lake down. It was 57 out there last weekend. I'll be out there tomorrow afternoon. Hope it warms up a few more degrees by then.
[signature]
Hopefully you'll have calmer water and warmer temps by tomorrow.
The cleaning station was open Monday. Working good too.[Smile]
[signature]
Wow, it looks like rough seas in the pics. Makes for some tough fishing, but glad you got some fish anyway. I and Kodiakfisher are heading there tomorrow, probably with 1000 others. Thanks for the info on the cleaning station. I'll be sure to take a fillet knife, and hopefully I'll get a chance to use it.

I hope that sonar worked out OK for you!

--Lanny

--
[signature]
Yep, sonar worked well! Thanks

Good luck tomorrow!
LOL, I was going to mention that there were some reports of wind before your trip out there but I figured the last time the reports of wind scared you guys off. Wind can make for rough boat handling conditions but as you found out the fish are still there and if you can find them you can catch them. Glad you guys found them and it looks like you actually did pretty good. Great report and pics too.
[signature]