Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wipers On The Fly
Spent the afternoon at Willard with a Buddy. The fishing started off fantastic. No more than a couple of casts, and the first wiper of the day was on the line. A couple more came to hand in just as many casts. Then the bite slowed down and the wind picked up. Kept circling back through the area but only managed to hook a couple more before dusk.
[signature]
Very nice! This is on my short list in the coming weeks!

Wanna give up the fly you were using?
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I'm about to leave pretty soon to try it out with FishslayerTJ.
[signature]
I posted a pic, and recipe of the fly we used in your (Willard Patterns) post, a few days ago. All the fish were caught on that fly. Here is a close up pic. We tried a few other patterns, without success.
[signature]
[quote PhantomSST]I posted a pic, and recipe of the fly we used in your (Willard Patterns) post, a few days ago. All the fish were caught on that fly. Here is a close up pic. We tried a few other patterns, without success.[/quote]

What is the total length of that fly and how much movement does it have? The profile is great.
[signature]
[quote PhantomSST]I posted a pic, and recipe of the fly we used in your (Willard Patterns) post, a few days ago. All the fish were caught on that fly. Here is a close up pic. We tried a few other patterns, without success.[/quote]

[Wink]
[signature]
The fly is about 3" long. The EP fibers have a decent amount of movement in the water. But not as good as some natural materials. The short heavy hook, and epoxy head give it a great jigging action when stripping in line.
[signature]