Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
31" Cat
But it's not mine, hey just a commercial for the Big Catfish contest, did an update of the North South score today and the North's lead is dwindling... North 215.5 to South 201.5 and the north has one more fish than the south. Anyhow, our Idaho brothers posted up a 31" cat to show us how it's done check out Jeremy's post on the unofficial score post... So far Idaho and Nevada are showing us how to break the 30" mark, time for a local to break the barrier... Good luck.. Later J
[signature]
Kind of Sad that the only 2 people from out of state are putting us all to shame...[Image: happy.gif]

We need the decent weather to keep up for a week or so, to get the cats back in action. I went out yesterday and it was less than productive.

40 inchers are on the way. (from the south)
[signature]
Don't scare me like that! [Wink]

At some point a multi-state contest would be way fun, but I'm not sure the Nevada & Idaho BFT forums are as active Utah's (not many are). But the cat contest has only grown and doesn't look like it's going away - so it could happen.
[signature]
Does this one count?
[signature]
There's something about not being registered in the contest that brings on the big cats. If everyone was registered and trying to catch the big ones it's not as easy to do. J
[signature]
They know we are comin for them.[Tongue]
[signature]
Well it was actually 31 and a quarter but I rounded it down.. we landed a 20, a 25, a 27, a 24, a 21 and the 31, that night. And we had a two break offs on 20 lbs test line one on braid other and mono. Both broke on the hook set though.

Here are a couple pics of the fish.
[signature]
Looks like a good night [Smile] I ought to give cats a try again, it's been a while. I just keep bugging the bass instead though.
[signature]
Sorry about that but I thought it might get some attention. Wish I could find a 31"er about now. We need one up north. I need to get out and try it's been a couple weeks since I've been on the water.

Multi state contest would be fun but I don't think we'd do very well. I think other states have bigger fish so we would be frustrated in a competition we couldn't win. I like equally matched bodies of water so it's a fair contest. Anyway hope you recovered from the shock. Later J
[signature]
Yes we do and so far I don't like the writing on the wall. Need to change that story. Hard to do when I can't get a line in the water. But Ya better get us while you can before Mike starts fishing. Later J
[signature]
Nice fish but can't count one without a measurement scale and BFT label and name and etc. check out some of the contest entries for an example of how to do it. Also are you entered in the contest? If not contact Coyotespinner by PM and he can get Ya entered. I've been encouraging everyone to practice making an entry with anything they catch so when they get a good one they don't have a bad entry that gets disqualified because they didn't do something right. We want to count everything we can, but online it becomes difficult to verify size unless we follow the rules lined out for the contest. Thanks for a picture of a great fish. Later J
[signature]
Looks like a great night, you must have a good spot without too much pressure. Thanks for sharing those and helping us remember what we're after. Later J
[signature]
Hey Jeff,

I'm about ready to really start getting after it. I've been doing a class 3 times a week in logan that has been taking my nights, but that will only last through the 3rd week of may. I'm going to start working in some trips within the next couple weeks.
I'm not too worried about the south yet. They need to feel a little good about themselves for a while. We'll turn on the heat a bit soon enough. (poke, poke[Wink])
I thought I had a contest fish, but it was only 26.5" so I kinda didn't bother posting it (but I also still have the pic of it with the logo if I need it). I'm sure I'll catch a few a little bigger than that. The times I have been able to steal an hour or two though have been OK fishing so far so I'm hopeful[Smile]
[signature]
Hey Mike,
Just as well enter the 26.5" we can always replace it when it falls off the end... Plus it would make team north not appear so far behind as we are after icesleds entry today... South 247.5 north 215.5 so a 26.5 would put us at 242 so do it for the team... It will help raise our overall average... Look forward to your posts here soon... Later J
[signature]
Aww heck....I guess I could just run over some time this week, maybe Thursday, and fill my three fish slot to bring us up a bit!
[signature]
Yup BLK just knocked me out of the top spot so he'll need some serious competition to keep him interested. Good luck. J
[signature]
Well......if anyone has the home field advantage, its you[Wink]
I think this will be your 30"+ year. I'll be happy with three 28's.
Pretty sure I can scrounge up a 30+ or two by October though.
[signature]
Well I do live close to the play ground which doesn't hurt for opportunity to fish on short notice. Like tonight I didn't like the turn in events today so I had to go try and it was a good night for action just not a lot of size. I got a 24.5" that will bump my score a little and had four other channels in two hours. Anyway I hope I can make the varsity team this year but I've got a lot of learning to get the big ones going. Hope I figure it out this year. You sure had their number last year and I expect you'll do it again. Fun contest that's for sure. Those cats tonight really fought hard it was a lot of fun. Had a couple runs I couldn't turn so it made things really fun. Well got to run. Later J
[signature]