Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a difference a day makes...
We hit Fish Lake with a friend from Pleasant Grove on Friday. Tried out north near Mackinaw Point in what's called Tiny's Hole. Had to go out farther than I expected to get past the weeds and really didn't do as well as we should have. We tried almost every jig in the box and tipped them with anything we could think of and at lots of different depths and distances from the weeds. I don't think we caught 10 fish between the two of us. Some really small splake too! The only thing I can think of, is that we did get a late start and missed the morning bite. We left and ran around to Mill Meadow for a couple of hours and caught a couple there-one really skinny brown- and came home through Fremont Junction. Lots of deer wintering along there!! It was a beautiful day.

Another friend of mine called that night and wanted to try again on Saturday. We went back to Fish Lake and tried out north of Lakeside along the road, in what's called Schubachs, -theres a bench on the shore in front of it- and what a difference. We walked way out to get past the weed bed and as soon as we found the combination it was constant from about 7:00 til just before noon when we left with our limits of 14 to 16 inch splake. Fished a salt and pepper white glow jig with perch meat and in about 30 feet of water -wasn't exactly sure of the depth, my fish finder is on the fritz. Had a ball. The guy I was with brought his boy and this was their first real ice fishing experience. After a 40 fish day, they're hooked. I called the guy I went with on Fri. and told him he was bad juju...
[signature]
Welcome to the site brookieboy, and congrats on at least one good day of fishing. Glad you could get someone else hooked on the sport as well. Thanks for the info, and good luck next time you go out.
[signature]