Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
May 1st on Mantau
Brother in law and I hit up Mantua on Friday. We decided to target there due to some positive reports and to avoid the fleet at Willard (though that was a close second choice). Anyway the short of our story is that we found some LMB to play along the east side in a shallow pocket and had some fun. We pulled in 8 or 9 before the wind came up and had us working too much to stay to fish. Some more details and pics can be found on my blog in my sig if your interested. Here are a few though to share here.
[signature]
I want to get my son into some largemouth this year. I think a trip to mantua may be the key. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Thanks for hot-spotting: east side of Mantua, got it! Smile

I'm glad you got into them. I just hope the masses don't gather and put a damper on it.

Nice pics!
[signature]
Don't come down too hard on him. Hardy anyone who fishes Mantua doesn't know about the east side. In fact, if you say you went to Mantua, most people envision you fishing right there.
[signature]
Yes going to mantua to target largemouth. Hmm do I fish the Rocky/Sandy sides or the nice tree/structure filled side. Don't really think that's "hot spotting"
[signature]
Being that the DWRs own fishing report points this out I find I hard to take much heat over my reports content.

I'm also a bit at a loss here to understand how me making a single simple report equals hot spotting. Your calling me on this would almost seem to imply that if you have any success on a trip and report it that you would find that to be hot spotting.

For a person such as I that only make a dozen or so posts a year, no access to the private report section, should I then just lurk and not contribute?
[signature]
Hot-spotting? There are many different places on the east side to fish.. I fail to see how this is hot-spotting at all? If the angler chooses to tell where we had his luck, isn't that alright?
[signature]
Writing on a forum doesn't always convey your meaning. In my opinion, I think he was joking in his "hotspotting" comment.

Certainly isn't a secret when even I, way up here in Idaho, know about it. [:p] [laugh]

Nice report and thanks for the details. Enjoyed your blog post.
[signature]
Hey I don't know were it is. !!!! Could you give me some step by step instructions on how to find that (cool) spot you were fishing at. If it's a cool spot then it is not a hot spot right ? Ok I am all Confused. Hot, cold. Hmm to report or not to report. That is the question!!!!! So do I just drop hints??? Dang this is tough.......[fishon]
[signature]
Anyway. . . Those are some great pics. I have never been to Mantua, but I am hoping to make a first trip this season. Thanks for sharing your good fortune and making me more excited about getting up there sometime soon
[signature]
Hey Lava,

How about you post what you would like to post and let others post what they would like.

Nice catch and thanks for posting the pics! I always love to see the fish caught at different places throughout the state!
[signature]
Hnaf, I wasn't serious.

Lots of people in here who choose to take offense.

Peace.
[signature]
Thanks for the reply to clarify. I was, obviously, not picking up on the right meaning. Smile
[signature]