Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber River
Has anyone fished the weber recently? If so, any suggestions on what to use and where? I've never fished it during the winter, and I'd like to give it a try.
[signature]
Man driving by the Weber yesterday while up by Rockport, it looked enticing!!! I might have to bring a fly rod with me next saturday and stop on my way outta there!!!!
[signature]
I fish the Weber near Morgan quite frequently, I use my old reliable, Minnows. For me they are damn good bait in most waters I fish. I use no weight in the faster moving water, & a small split-shot in the depper holes. They are usually available at Sportsman's & I think Hooked carries them also.
[signature]
If you are going to flyfish the Weber, I would suggest using Prince nymphs, scuds, sow bugs, pheashant tails, and midges. Any of these will work for the trout and especially the white fish right now.

Jacob
[signature]
I haven't fished the Weber in about two Years but I've always had good success with brown marabou jigs the size depends on the water a larger jig for larger pools and a smaller jig for shallower water the fish usually very lightly take it so sometimes its difficult to tell if your getting a bite the line just usually pauses for a split second. As for where There are a few holes that have fast action in riverdale just behind walmart all the way up to Rockport Res. just be carefull you aren't on private land my dad got a ticket near mountain green a few years ago and if you go between Echo and Rockport don't even have bait on you they're pretty strict up there about it being artificial only.The weber above Rockport has some great scenery but most of that is private. Hope this helps[Smile]
[signature]
so who is the eye catching blonde in your signature moby?
[signature]
Isn't that great? I knew you guys would love it as much as I do.
[signature]