Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie w/a question
Thanks for the Welcome! Dumfries VA welcomes all of you!
I should have posted here first. For a non-fisherman I find this whole thing very informative. That being said..
I am a desperate fishing tool owner. To the Point: Please, I'm begging all fisherman to aid in identifying the tool featured in the attached photos. It was in a $10 grab-bag at an estate sale. I need to know the exact description, the manufacturer if possible and if in fact it is fishing related. I have joined this forum for the sole purpose of ID-ing this item. And, please again, serious replies only. Thank you!
[signature]
I have no idea what that tool is, what makes you think it is fishing related? Welcome to the site.
WH2
[signature]
It's a Dinglehopper.
[signature]
It just looks like something that might be used for de-scaling fish.

The info so far is most welcome. The toothed wheels all rotate independently of each other and turn very smoothly. There's no imprinting or branding of any kind on what appears to be stainless steel material. I'll stay here until we come up with a solution.
Thanks for the help!
[signature]
It looks like it has a rubber handle, does it slide off by chance? If it does, maybe there is a manufacturer # or ID under it[:/].
[signature]
Thanks! I'm working on that angle. Still searching.
[signature]
Most members seem to think it is a fish scaler.
[signature]
A few have mentioned it being a tool for taxidermy too.
[signature]
Could be useful if you have a psycho Gothic girlfriend that's into whips and chains.
[signature]
(06-11-2015, 03:31 PM)Tarpon4me Wrote: Could be useful if you have a psycho Gothic girlfriend that's into whips and chains.
[signature]
Helpful for me also. thanks