Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soldier Creek to Ourselves and some Kokanee
We had Soldier Creek to ourselves Sunday, till 10 or 11, what's a little snow on the boat when your catching.

Hit the Soldier Creek Side of Strawberry early, 7 am ish, had two doubles on Kokes right out of the shoot, on the far east side toward dam. Almost a triple. Then all shut down at 9 ish. RMT flashers pink and green 4 inchers.
Pink squid, and orange mini bladed squid tipped with a green power bait maggot. Down in 25 to 30 foot, or out 70-90 feet lead core, at 1 mph. Down rigger set at 27, minus set back, I say 25 ish.

The largest was 20 inch with a 13 inch girth, google says that should be 3.5 to 4 pounds. Not sure.

Question, why did they shut down at 9, or did they move and I know I should have been there at first light?

Tried other favorite areas, didn't work either. Small storms with light snow and off and on sunlight all factors.
[signature]
It does seem the bite slow's way down about 9 ish more than not, but we have had days when we keep catching way later . i haven't figured out why either.

I was up in our June hot spots on the strawberry side a week ago. late getting on the water landed a good one rite of the bat then nothing as far as kokes the rest of the day. not even marking many. im thinking with the water temps they are still way shallow. the reason for not marking many.?
[signature]
Thanks for that report U'man, I hope to do that Thursday morn.
[signature]
[quote MisterCompletely]Thanks for that report U'man, I hope to do that Thursday morn.[/quote]

Im going Wed to the SC side with a buddy.
Taking my wife Thursday don't know which side but will look for you.
what boat will you be in. do you have a marine Radio.
[signature]
My boat is exactly like yours, right down to the electric downriggers. That'll make you look twice! My radio is permanently mounted in my big boat, none in my Tracker. Just yell really loud! I'll be the old guy with the little dog. I generally launch at the Strawberry Resort ramp.

---
[signature]