Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kokes at the 'Berry
Had a chance to get up to Strawberry Tues for a couple of hours to see if I could pick up a few Kokanee. Arrived with my fishing buddy about 7:00a and had lines in Soldier Creek by 7:30a. Water temp was 41.6F. Used two jet divers with dodgers and squids and one line on the down rigger set a 30'. Started at the entrance to the Narrows and got the first one, a 3 pounder in just minutes. Got that one in and hit a double. Things slowed down for a while and then picked up #4, another 20", 3 pounder just inside the narrows. Wind started gusting and we had to get back before noon so we pulled in the rods and headed for home about 11:00a. These were all beautiful, fat Kokes! My only concern was that I didn't see many on sonar. Hoping this is going to be another great Koke year at Strawberry. Here's some pics of my buddy with the fish ...
[signature]
great report ,those are some nice kokes .
[signature]
Great job - thanks for the post. Sounds like you hit a good spot!
[signature]
Kokes are such good looking fish. Thanks for the report. Sounds like a relaxing morning on the Berry.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Congratulations on a very successful play trip. [cool]
[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
At just 30' they may be too shallow to ping bunches of them yet. A 20" fish in May is an awesome thing though.

Very well done! I can't wait to give it a go!
[signature]
Love them Trophy's both the fish and the boat.

What model Trophy do you have? What size motors are you running?
[signature]
Hi ReelMasta,

I love Trophys too. Mine is a 2006 model 2002 Walkaround, 21'7". Bought it off the floor at the boat show in 2007. I use it hard, but really baby it. Heard that Trophy went out of business a couple of years ago. Maybe they will become collectors items. Only the Grady White can come close to it in performance. The engine is a Merc 175 Optimax which gives me a top speed of about 35mph. Changed to a sstl prop and it seems to get better mileage. The kicker is a Merc 9.9 four stroke with remote steering and a Control King for micro trolling speed adjustment. To me it's the ultimate fishing boat for big water fishing. I take it to the Columbia and chase the Kings and silvers at buoy 10. What a blast!

That's probably more than you wanted to hear about my Trophy, but I really like it. Assuming you have one too.
[signature]
Ya I've got a 1993 2002wa with a merc 175. I agree with you 100 %. I love it. Just mounted a hummingbird 999ci hd si and really want to see how well it marks the kokes.

Thanks for sharing.
[signature]