Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pelican and Steinaker (report)
Spent the weekend out in the basin. I tried to hook up with Kayote and the basin posse but Kayote was feeling a little under the weather. He was nice enough to loan me his auger because I forgot mine in SL.

I fished pelican on saturday morning from 8am to 11:30am. The fishing was not real fast but it could of been alot worst. I caught 30 bluegills smallest was 4" and the largest was 10 and a quarter ". Most were in the 9" range. I used worms and mealworms on small and large jigs. It didn't matter what color or size. All I heard from the guys out there was you should of been here last weekend.I took home some gills for dinner. I found worms in only one fish out of the 8 I kept. No bass.

Later that day I fished Steinaker from 300pm to dark. I went looking for Bass and Gills and caught some nice Bows instead. I caught 6 rainbows on a fuzzygrub tipped with mealworm and worms. The smallest was 10" and the largest was 18".I moved around to the bass hot spots from last year with no luck.

On Sunday I tried Steinaker again from 7am to 11am. I moved around again tring to find the gills and bass but got some more nice rainbows. I caught 3 bows in the 16+ Range. 10minutes after I set up the Fog came rolling in.

Thanks again for the use of the auger Kayote .

[Wink]Tincanfsh
[signature]
I don't believe it. Fess up where did you really catch the bluegills?
[signature]
When you have the "skill's" you can catch fish where ever you go. I caught the fish over where I thought that we should of went last time.

Tincanfsh
[signature]
Apparently, five of us didn't have the "skills" last trip to Pelican.
[signature]
You have forgotten that I did lose a fish right at the hole on that last trip to Pelican. And who didn't have any bites at all.[Tongue]

[Wink]Tincanfsh
[signature]
No problem with memory here -- I still have night mares about it!
[signature]
Alas, I have been vindicated. LOL...............

Good Bluegill Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
Yes you have been vindicated --- there were some fish in there that could have been caught!
[signature]
No sarcasm at all, hidden or otherwise. Hey, I have talked up Strawberry before and taken guys up there and we couldn't buy a fish. I did that exact thing with Tincanfsh and he caught three fish and I caught 1! Ask Icthys and Wiperslayer about all of the sturgeon that they caught on their trips with me. One cannot guarantee that fish will bite! I am just having a little funnin’ with Tincanfsh and maybe even Kayote and nothing more.
[signature]