Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 5/16/15
Headed up tomorrow morning in search of a few kokes, it is time to move on from Willard.
This will be my first koke trip of the year, Any tips?
Who else is going?
[signature]
Double check the weather reports. The wind up there was really bad the other day and guys had to bail out, some were blown to shore...
[signature]
The last report I saw showed only 7 mph till 2 then a little rain.
Maybe I got a bad report....
[signature]
[quote SBennett]The last report I saw showed only 7 mph till 2 then a little rain.
Maybe I got a bad report....[/quote]

Where do you get your weather reports for Strawberry. I use KSL
[signature]
Was there a week ago Sunday on the Soldier Creek side, down about 25 feet, about .8 to 1.2 mph varied and lots of s curves. Lead core out about 70 feet, I think 3 colors.
Flasher RMT and Rmt mini squid with blade 10 inches behind tipped with Power Bait maggot on last hook. Also smelly jelly or something to mask your smell. BUT early was the trick, shut off after 9. May have picked back up, but we left at 11.

We did very well.
[signature]
this is the report I use the most and it is very accurate windalert.com/
[signature]
[quote mtncat1]this is the report I use the most and it is very accurate windalert.com/[/quote]

Does Strawberry have an actual zip code or are you using the closest zip code you can to Strawberry to access the report ?

On edit just figured it out, yes it looks like a nice site for Strawberry.
[signature]
[quote mtncat1]this is the report I use the most and it is very accurate windalert.com/[/quote]

That's a nice app. Thanks!
[signature]
Me and my father I law usually have my wife call up to the marina and they usually give her a good report, been pretty accurate so far for us.

As for the fishing up at strawberry, for kokes definately get on the lake early and fish from 12-24ft. They are going crazy yet, that will start soon though, maybe in the next month. Sure is fun when you go up and land 30 Kokanee in a day, they are a blast to catch!
[signature]