Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Memorial Berry Koke-A-Haul 5-23 & 24
Sitting in camp enjoying fresh Salmon right off the lake.

Put my boat on our slip Friday night and got her ready to go for a Saturday am launch to try my luck. Pulled into Strawberry bay at 7am and hooked up within 15 minutes. Ended up boating 4.
Kept the 1st little pounder because I was so exited that all the research played out. Caught another that was a bit bigger so threw it in the cooler. Happy with fish for lunch I wanted to keep my limit open waiting for that hog. The next fish was about the same as the second so released her for another day then I caught the biggest one of the day and kept it.

1st 3 caught at 21 feet all using orange RMT 3.5" dodger followed by an orange RMT bladed squid. The bigger fish was caught down 34 feet.

1.8 mph all morning.

Back at it again in the AM.
[signature]
Nice report Reelmasta. Good on you. enjoy those tasty fillets.
[signature]
Nice![Smile]
[signature]
Cuddy-Buddy jointed me Saturday and we both limited out. All fish caught between 27 and 35 down.

Best fish came off a pink serpent spoon behind an RMT dodger.

Now my smoker is stacked with all 16 filets.
[signature]
Nice work Scott - from catching to smoking. Hopefully we'll get our garden planted today and this week so we are free to fish/smoke/can all through the summer... mmmm. Can hardly wait.

[fishin]
[signature]
Great report Scott, I don't think I've ever seen a pink serpent spoon, if you get a chance, will you post a pic of one, thanks.
[signature]
Here ya go Curt. What I like about the spoons is that unlike the squid, the hook never fails And lasts forever as long as you change the leader often.
I scent mine with RMT sockeye slayer scent and tip with Burkley maggot.

I should own stock in Rovky Mt Tackle for the amount for tackle I have from them.

I just seam to like them more than others. Once I got used to how far back to place the lure and how to bend the Dodgers I just keep it simple and that seems to work us.

Scott
[signature]
Thanks Scott, that is one color I don't have. I usually run my spoons 8 to 12" behind my dodger, is that about the same for you?
[signature]
Mostly 10" exactly. But depends on the speed the higher the speed the further back. I always check the action before dropping the ball.
[signature]
Got you, yea they love that fluttering action of the spoons. PM sent.
[signature]

I should own stock in Rovky Mt Tackle for the amount for tackle I have from them.

Scott[/quote]
-------------------------------------------
Plus they should give us some free stuff for all the free advertisement
we give them
but if there stuff did not work we would not be catching kokes.
[signature]
Funny you say that cause we were coming off one of our best outings when one of the guides gave me a set up they were using in the Lucern marina. It was when the 5.5 Dodgers were just coming out. I learned from that set up how far back and how to bend the bigger dodger.
[signature]