Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Millard County Fishing
My wife and I were down in Delta to decorate graves for Memorial Day weekend yesterday. On the way home, we stopped by DMAD res to fish for a bit. It was our first trip there fishing although I have chased waterfowl there in years past. We had the whole place to ourselves and it was a pretty day even with the clouds. The rain showers skirted us too. Both kids caught tiny channel cats that could barely get the worm and hook in their piehole[Smile]
Didn't get any pictures but a fun time was had by all. We will be making more trips in the near future to find the grandparents of the fish we caught yesterday.
[signature]
Cool report, we rarely here about DMAD. Always wondered about that mud puddle.
[signature]
How is the water level there? I am interested in taking a trip down to gunnison bend and dmad is on the way.
[signature]
Well take this for what its worth coming from a desert dwelling guy who doesn't see much H2O, but I thought it had a lot of water in it. The river leaving it and the canal leaving it both looked good and the res itself had plenty. We fished up near the inlet and then moved closer to the dam. Let me know how ya do if you would please. I plan to fish there again soon too. Thanks!
[signature]
[quote albinotrout]How is the water level there? I am interested in taking a trip down to gunnison bend and dmad is on the way.[/quote]

Here's the easiest way to tell how full it is:

http://www.sevierriver.org/reservoirs/te...eservoirs/

As of right now, DMAD is 54% full and Gunnison Bend is 80%. I'm hoping to head down there on Friday and Saturday. If I can actually make it, I'll let you know how things are down there.

Matt
[signature]
Thanks! I am especially interested in gunnison bend. Seems like a mixture UL to me.
[signature]
One thing Gunnison Bend has that UL doesn't is white crappie, they are no where else in the state
[signature]
[quote happybob91]One thing Gunnison Bend has that UL doesn't is white crappie, they are no where else in the state[/quote]

[cool]Wouldn't mind catching one of those just for fun.
[signature]