Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no boat zones at pv?
I can't believe all the no boat zones at pv, the whole northwest end closed and other prime bays closed off that don't even have decent shore access for shore fisherman or recreational people like paddle boarders or kayaks..... Has it always been this way??? or the fallout from the swimmer being killed?
[signature]
Hey UG...this has been this way for several years it says no motor boats on the buoys if you look closely...however if you have a bow mount you can fish that area. We have in the past and the Marine patrol will check out with binoculars if you are way far back in the bays. We've never had a problem when they saw us using the bow mount. Gerresten Bay has the buoys way out farther then in the past. I don't believe this is fallout from the swimmer getting killed it has more to do with nesting birds on the platforms especially in the North Bay. You can see the platforms...

We will see what happens this year when we visit PV and fish those areas...as each year who knows how the marine patrol will interpret but it states 'NO MOTOR BOATS' so we've been told just to drop our bow mount and there will be no issues...again we shall see...

Here's the map of PV buoys and what they say...note the areas you mentioned are 'non-motorized'...hope this helps you out

[inline "PV buoys.JPG"]
[signature]
Thanks for the info K2!!! It worries me if I hit it on a day where the patrol people are in BAD mood and they can hit me with a ticket... I assumed maybe they placed them further out because of the draw down that will happen soon. I figured I would just take the troller motor up on my canoe and paddle in there. but if trollers are ok, it would be nice. I just don't want some hefty fine. Lots of prime musky and bass real estate in those areas.
[signature]
We have a copy of this map in boat and saved on phone. Recommend you do the same. I'm hoping we don't have any issues and the same for you. But if they keep letting water out, won't have to worry as those buoys will be high and dry like the last few years.
[signature]
Instead of 'No motor boats' it should have read ' Wakeless craft only' like the Wakeless zone at Deer Creek.
DC's zone is a win/win for everybody!
[signature]
Might be good to note, that that non-motorized section on the north arm of PV has a very shallow road bed across it. Good way to break a prop or sink a boat during low water.
[signature]
And to add to that the South Fork with those red balls these attempt to mark the old road bed there...those of us who frequent know what hazards these buoys mark including the various islands not marked on south side of BP. Every season as water goes out...well we watch the power squadron zooming then a massive throttle reserve....always see a boat or two or three later summer well not having a good outing...pay attention
[signature]
Come on man, they're supposed to blast their Kid Rock from their $1500 marine sound system, yell at their wife/girlfriend, drink a beer, tow their 8-year-old at 50 mph on an oversized boogie board, do mad brodies next to fishing boats, high five their bros AND watch out for water hazards? Harsh, dude.
[signature]
No 'dude' here...but maybe harsh that's okay cuz I can be to the point and some may call that harsh...no sugar coating from me...but a 'dude' I'm not. Sorry...
[signature]
Those buoys really throw off your trolling runs , thanks for the map - i didn't realize some were non-motorized markers , some good info.
[signature]
same here, I thought they were wakeless. I know where the closed swim areas are but the non motorized thing sucks. I just hate rolling the dice. I will paddle in there from now on. Good luck K2 I hope they continue to be ok with trolling motor stuff. I just don't want a bs 300 dollar ticket or anything they might try and stick ya with.
[signature]
Just joking around, I find it hard to pass up an opportunity to poke fun at the recreational boating enthusiasts.
[signature]
You're good...just not part of the 'dude' family...[Smile]
[signature]
If I had a motor boat and I wanted to go into those areas using my trolling motor, I'd raise my main motor up all the way so the prop is clearly visible out of the water. That way, even a lake cop with binos could see you weren't motoring.
[signature]
That's exactly what we do...like I said the Marine Patrol has seen us in the past in those areas and never had an issue...yet anyways...but every year is a new year and ya just never know...but we shall see...
[signature]