Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake reports?
Anyone been out on the lake recently? I'm going to hit up the lake this weekend and wondering if the stripers are boiling yet?
[signature]
Been out several times, havent really hit any boils but have been finding them in coves in the early mornings. Once it warms up a bit been having good luck in deeper water near the openings of coves. Shad are moving a lot, have struggled to net anything in the wash. Have had more luck in coves as far up as boxcar.
[signature]
I'm probably heading out on Saturday. Hit me up if you feel like fishing together.
[signature]
It has been a few weeks do to work , and the weather has not cooperating , may have a chance this weekend . I have been checking in on the site looking for something good from one of you guys , so who is holding out on us ?
[signature]
Went to temple bar last weekend for a few hours. That boat launch is a disaster. Only 1 side open, the other side is a mud pile that needs to be dredged out. The open side is only about 15-20 ft wide before you hit a wall of dirt. I think the concrete ends just before/at the water and there is just a metal sheet making the ramp, I could see a truck getting stuck if it doesn't have 4wd in case.

Hooked 11 bass, lost 4 in some coves. Biggest was around a pound and a half. No strippers in sight. Not too bad for a first time out in that area with only google maps to guess where fish may be. Kinda scary part of the lake, reefs and islands at the water line everywhere.

Isn't this nearly a month early for stripper boils?
[signature]