Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry Bound Koke-a-Holic
Heady to the Berry to chase Kokes, anyone else headed up?

Scotty

I think I'm addicted....
[signature]
Yup - first Berry Boat trip of the year - be launching on the Soldier Creek Side - Green Lund - wife, Dog & myself. Hoping for the best
[signature]
Nice good luck. We'll be on the other side.
[signature]
I'll be up there jigging for cutts. Holler if you see me-John. White/blue Viper Coral if you want to donate kokanee to me [Wink]
[signature]
I'm headed up either tomorrow or Sunday looking for kokanee and everything else after. Planning on the strawberry side.
[signature]
We will be on the Soldier Creek side in a red Triton. Good luck[fishon]
[signature]
Weather is beautiful got the campfire going and coach all settled in mud creek campground. Went down to the slip and pulled the downriggers out fired up both motors and should be good for a 6am launch.

Good luck everyone we got some good mojo going on this site. Let the games begin.

Going to start with 2 rods rigged with orange squid and 2 with pink.

Be safe everyone.
[signature]
Dang slow day for us. Got on the water around 6am. Immediately boated a small koke. Thinking that was the beginning on a great was actually the only koke coaxed aboard. Ended up throwing bait and brought back 3 nice chunky bows for dinner.

Even though the fishing wasn't as hot as I hoped, I did get see the kids Smile for camera.

I'll take a slow day on the water than any day in the city.
[signature]
How fast was you going??
Yesterday was steady all day
Trolling about 1.5 mph any faster the
fish just shut off. used Orange and pink squids
A couple buddies and I went up on Friday and found it to be slow, although we did wind up with seven kokes. One was the biggest of my fishing career at 4# 7oz according to my scale (not sure it was accurate). Length was about 22" and fat, fat, fat.

We too, found that 1.4 to 1.5 was about the right speed. Our big getter was an orange dodger with a white squid about 10" back. Most were caught at 30' including the big one.
[signature]