Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat decon.
Went to Powell over Memorial now have to deal with decon. Going to Yuba in the A.M. for this.
When leaving Powell I asked them to decon. as we were to go to the berry this weekend. The response "No way, get it done elsewhere.
SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When the stinking Feds. did not think they had STD of the sea they were big at trying to keep it out. Now that they are sick they don't give a rats tail if they spread it and they won't allow the state to even devon. there.
TYPICAL GOV. CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
Sounds crazy, I asked a friend who just got back and he said the same thing . You would think there would a greater effort to "contain".
[signature]
American fork boat harbor had a Decon unit and two staffers manning it from 9:00 AM till about Noon--- Didn't wash one boat but were willing and able to do so. Might be a shorter line than making a AM drive to Yuba and hoping for service , unless Yuba is taking reservation . Not sure how anyone is supposed to pin down the hours and location of Decon service. I was surprised to see a unit at American Fork Arrive and then leave several hours later, seems kink of hit and miss. WIsh you luck!!
[signature]
I believe Deer Creek has a few decon stations.
[signature]
Also the state park at Provo, and Willard.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I'd never say the Federal Government isn't messed up, but all of the functions at Lake Powell are run by a contractor, not actual Federal employees. And contractors work on a profit margin. I'm just saying put the blame on the folks that deserve it.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]As to where to find a cleaning station, the DWR puts out the phone numbers of who to contact to find your nearest station on their website. They even list a name & number for Bullfrog and Wahweep. Might want to call them to register your complaint.[/#800000][/font]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Click the following link to find the nearest station for you to get your boat cleaned:[/#800000][/font] [url "http://wildlife.utah.gov/decontaminate/63-invasive-species/mussels/455-decon-units.html"]Find a decontamination unit.[/url]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Decon stations at Lake Powell would not be run by the contractor.

Lake Powell is its own unique set of issues with all the different agencies involved (Feds, Utah, Az, etc.)
[signature]
Nuff said!! The unit at AF is only there on Weekends I believe. Go to Ut. Lake State Park or Deer Creek !!
That could very well be the case for being able to count on it being there.
I was there on Friday however.
[signature]
[quote MasterDaad]Decon stations at Lake Powell would not be run by the contractor.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I stand corrected. Further research shows that the decontamination unit is actually being run by the NPS. I called them this morning for some information on their policies on decontaminating boats. I had to leave a voice mail and I hope to hear back from them sometime today. Stay tuned.[/#800000][/font]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I also talked with the UDWR biologist for the Southeastern Region (covers Lake Powell) and he told me that normally the decontamination is going to be done by the body of water you are entering (most major state parks now have the equipment) or a unit somewhere in the region that covers that body of water.[/#800000][/font]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]The link I gave above will give you the name and phone number of the biologist for each region and that person can tell you where you can get your boat cleaned in his region.[/#800000][/font]
[#800000]
[/#800000]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]The system isn't perfect, but it's what we have. If you want to do your best to fight the mussel invasion we are facing, then you need to educate [#800000]yourself on how the system works and then use it.[/#800000][/#800000][/font]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]No matter which decontamination method you prefer, you should make a habit of completing the decontamination process after every boating trip. Your efforts will also help limit the spread of whirling disease.[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Folks at Yuba devon right there near the top of the ramp.
They are not scared of going over anything. Even doing rear end of your toe rig.
Have to do our whole truck as ramp at Bullfrog was so shallow we had the whole truck in the water. the rear bumper almost in the water.
[signature]