Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TN444PSD, Nickajack, Bass, 05/28/15, Solo
So its been nearly a year since I really went bass fishing from the boat due to some motor issues, now that everything is fixed its been finding spare time to go. Yesterday I get home from work at 430, I know the wife's gonna stop by the store on her way home, I know the boats hooked up already and I think "Ill go fishing for a bit". I check the radar on my phone and all is clear, off to the ramp I go. Put in at the county park and on the water by 5. I make my run to one my old spots and grab a Carolina rig from the rod box, I left the worm on the hook a year ago so the hook rusted up a bit but the heck with it, throw on a new worm on and give it a fling. The first cast is off the mark a bit as I was still trolling up to where I wanted to be, 2nd cast hits the water and settles, pull up twice and can start to feel the good stuff on the bottom, pull a third time and something pulls back.... set the hook and nothing. Reel it in to find my hook broke.... emoBang , I knew better than that. Retie, 4th cast finds the good stuff again and sure enough something decides to start swimming off with my bait. Set the hook and in comes a solid 3 and a half. Man it felt good to feel the tug on the other end. So ive been out there about 10 min when there a rumble in the clouds off to the east, I think "where did that come from... Ah its off to the east, nothing to worry about". I look down at my SI and see there are fish everywhere and I get to thinking this is gonna be a great evening. Make a few more casts until I feel the bump and the line starts moving off again. Set the hook and bring in another 2 and half pounder. Just as I unhook him and flop him back the skys rumble again off to the east but this time its followed up by a rumble back off to the south west. Now im thinking Crap, its back building. I look at the SI again and still fish and bait balls everywhere. I decide to pick up a swim bait and give it a fling out to the open water where all these fish are showing up. I look off to the south west and can see way off in the distance the white haze of rain falling and I know I don't have my rain suit with me. With the skys still rumbling east then west over and over I know this trip is gonna get cut short. My bait no sooner hits the water and all around is a bright whiteish/blue flash lighting everything up....... Whoa, that was a little to close for me, I start packing up as the first drops of rain start falling. I make my run back to the ramp, load up and head home just in time to get the boat parked and run inside before the deluge starts. Ended up with 3 keepers in 30 minutes but there was plenty more to catch. Fish were in 8-10 FOW, water temp was 79.6. Now just to find time to go again.