Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Utah Lake report 5/30
A beautiful day! Finally right?? Took my two boys (3.5yrs and 2yrs old) out to American Fork Harbor to chase white bass. Fished from shore, I was pitching jigs from the rocks. It took a little bit to find em but once I did fishing was pretty consistent, moving around was key. They all seemed to hook up within 3-5 ft from the shoreline. Brought home a mess for fish tacos. It felt great to shake off the skunk that's followed me around my past couple trips. Got there around 9am and left just after 11am.
[signature]
Nice haul
[signature]
And another UL report: I put in a night shift at Lincoln Beach last night. Arrived about darkish and fished until about 2:00 a.m. I was using baby wb while fishing for cats... no good, the big wb would not leave my bait alone. Switched over to a big piece of carp and that helped except the carp were so active all night they constantly snagged lines as they cruised by. The water temp was 71 degrees when I arrived and 69 when I left. The skeeters and bugs were terrible, had to spay several times and avoid inhaling.

I caught eight cats but nothing contest worthy.... next time. Several guys fishing among the skeeters on the ends of the channel launch. Lots of noise from end-of-school revelers trying to tear up the mud flats with their big 4x4s. Otherwise a beautiful night with an almost full moon.

No big cats yet but still fun to catch the two footers. The big ones will eventually put in an appearance. Maybe Monday??

BLK
[signature]
I am looking at an early arrival my self at LB. Hopefully the big ones will come out to play.
[signature]